• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k18: September 26-30

Thanks guys. I'm off Tuesday, and that'll be the big shopping trip. I've got a pull-behind smoker lined up for the meats that should give us more capacity than the egg, and keep Kenny from having to drag that rig all the way up here.

I will drive over Wednesday most likely.
I dont think we'll be able to do any of the PARI stuff because its on a schedule but i'll check when it gets closer to our weekend.

So we spent some time last night with the menu doing some planning and came up with a budget. Given that this year, we're not splitting up food and asking people to go shopping and schlep all kinds of food and supplies in, I'm asking people to send in some money beforehand to offset the shopping trip.

I'm asking that people send $15 per day they'll be here, not counting Sunday (breakfast only). That $15 covers three meals for each day, plus Sunday breakfast.

So if you're arriving Wednesday, the suggested donation is $15x4, so $60 for 4-5 days worth of meals. Arriving Friday? $15x2, and you eat from whenever you get here Friday to Sunday breakfast.

If you want to send in more, feel free. If you're in a tight spot and can't swing it right now, don't worry about it. We'll leave out a donation bucket and you can put some cash in later. Just trying to avoid being on the hook for all of a $600 shopping trip.

As always, of whatever is donated, anyone who brings food will be offered compensation if there's extra money available. Beyond that, any leftover money is donated to Turbobricks upkeep or put towards next year's meet (and meat).

You can send your shekels via paypal to propav8r@gmail.com

Last edited:
I picked up another 15 lbs of pork butt on sale yesterday. That brings us to right around 60. Should be good, because we did run out last year, and we'll have more people this year.

I'm probably out unfortunately. Found out today I'll more than likely be in Tochigi, Japan for work the 28th.

hard-life.gif

I live in Greenville sc, about an hour and a half out and I’d like to come out for a day. I’m off Friday and Saturday, would there be a better pick for a day trip? Is there a paypal to chip in?

I live in Greenville sc, about an hour and a half out and I’d like to come out for a day. I’m off Friday and Saturday, would there be a better pick for a day trip? Is there a paypal to chip in?

Sounds good to me. Just send $30 to propav8r@gmail.com.

Friday is pretty laid back, mostly hanging around the lodge and drinking earlier than is usually socially acceptable. Saturday is usually a drive followed by the big meal/party/shindig which usually goes on into the early morning.

Last edited:
Back