• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is this PCV system correct?

Simi

Upsetti Spaghetti
Now, I did a lot of searching but didn't find an exact answer on this, I found one person that may have done this though.

I am running a B230FT engine with multiple mods and M46 Trans LH2.4 1989.

VMuvTzm.jpg

I am wondering if this is going to work properly for what I am doing, I have seen people do vented valve covers but I don't know if this will work any differently.

Before I was just running the stock system. The catch can was added almost a year ago and has had no problems.

Yesterday I decided to run the B18 oil cap I just bought.

I put a "T" into the line going from the plastic white nipple on top of the breather box to the catch can. The rest is self explanatory. It is a closed system that feeds from the catch can back into the intake.

1. AT IDLE, I noticed that the hose going pre turbo does not blow out air anymore. It sucks in a small amount of air, this means that the breather box has suction and I know the oil cap is blowing vapor out. Should I be concerned or is it still going to operate correctly under load?

2. After a drive, the catch can was nice and warm as well as all the pcv lines, does this mean that under load, the pcv system is working properly?

3. When running it cold today, the idle would dip down to 500 every once and awhile and catch, then rising back up to 800, not a big issue but is this related to the pcv setup?

4. Is it better just to put a breather on top of the oil cap and leave the rest of the system closed, or will that cause the breather box to get clogged quicker because of less pressure?

So, does this mean that I am good? I just want some reassurance that I won't ruin any seals or cause some excess crank pressure.

Thanks ;-)

If you have a catch can below where the A/C accumulator was then yes,that should work fine.

I would get rid of that worm gear clamp and clean up the install of the hose.

I have a high mileage 230 with a set up like yours and very seldom the idle will fluctate,I'm sure the cold ambient temps is the cause but the car runs great and leaks less oil from the oil cap with the valve cover vented......I'm running a 15g with 3" exhaust @12 psi of boost.

Last edited:
Back