home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & suspension

Old 07-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #26
EivlEvo
Board Member

I literally had my head milled flat, pressure tested, dipped (to clean) and a 3 angle done for approx $200 including all gaskets end of last year.

Porting is different, but if you're talking about not having the money to put $200 into the car, put the head back on and push it into a lake.
EivlEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:58 PM   #27
maxitoman007
Board Member

Lol I think pushing it into a lake would be a bit excessive. Its just a fun budget project to learn more than anything. Honestly even if it only runs for an hour I'll be satisfied. Here's hoping it runs for longer than that though.

Last edited by maxitoman007; 07-10-2017 at 01:23 AM..
maxitoman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #28
John V, outside agitator
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxitoman007 View Post
Guy sent me a link to the manifold he's selling me. Told me it was never used and he wants $40 USD for it. Here's the link :

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/T3-STAINLESS-RA...%257Ciid%253A4
Out the weasel trying to fawk you..POAST NAME..
EVERYBODY has known for 10 years those are welded on upside down falnges.
So somebody selling one knows this..And weasels should be exposed.

--> CALL (206) 431-9696<----

www.rallyrace.net/jvab

www.rallyanarchy.com

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

"When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him: 'Whose?'"
— Don Marquis
John V, outside agitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:43 AM   #29
apachechef
Burnt Sierra Madre

What is the deal with those, was a warehouse filled before they realized, or are they still making them wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse8931 View Post
Well keep us updated on how your dumbass plan goes.
apachechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:19 AM   #30
maxitoman007
Board Member

The guy isn't a user on turbobricks as far as I know. I found the ad on my local classifieds site. I think I might start a new thread discussing my manifold problems because those are unrelated to porting, but in a nutshell, I don't know how I could use the wastegate adapter plate I have with a 90+ manifold, It would be much easier to work with a through-bolt style manifold like the pre 90 or the header. So until I find a way to use the 90+ I have (would have to get a hole repaired). I have to decide between the header which requires a lot of work apparently or the stock pre 90 manifold. Like how much of a difference in HP are we talking here? My goal is 300 is that possible using a pre 90 manifold?? Should I start a new thread discussing my manifold problems specifically, considering this thread was supposed to be about DIY head porting (still cant decide what to do, might just use my dremel and try to gasket match)?
Old 07-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #31
maxitoman007
Board Member

Can anyone link the thread that showed results of ported VS non ported 530 head? I'm still debating.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #32
turbotankshane
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxitoman007 View Post
The guy isn't a user on turbobricks as far as I know. I found the ad on my local classifieds site. I think I might start a new thread discussing my manifold problems because those are unrelated to porting, but in a nutshell, I don't know how I could use the wastegate adapter plate I have with a 90+ manifold, It would be much easier to work with a through-bolt style manifold like the pre 90 or the header. So until I find a way to use the 90+ I have (would have to get a hole repaired). I have to decide between the header which requires a lot of work apparently or the stock pre 90 manifold. Like how much of a difference in HP are we talking here? My goal is 300 is that possible using a pre 90 manifold?? Should I start a new thread discussing my manifold problems specifically, considering this thread was supposed to be about DIY head porting (still cant decide what to do, might just use my dremel and try to gasket match)?
I made 300whp thru an auto with a stock b230f, stock 530 head, ipd cam, pre-90 mani, and an ebay turbo at 21psi. On LH2.4 and e85. cheap used ls9 injectors, kjet main fuel pump.

However, I've since upgraded to a ported 90+ and definitely could tell a difference. I run out of injector around 26-27psi on that setup, not sure what the power is at that point but I'm sure efficiency is dropping. The only problem the engine has had was a blown headgasket after I sold it and that guy decided to hook up a different boost controller backwards.. glad I bought it back from him.

It's not rocket science.
turbotankshane is offline   Reply With Quote