• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Open Diff into 940 G80

I guess.

Let me ask this:

How does swaping a G80 for an open diff help drifting?

This, I agree with. That logic (?) makes no sense.
G80 is extremely unpredictable and failure prone, an open diff is just predictably terrible and disappointing for drifting.

Just booger weld something, call it good.

This, I agree with. That logic (?) makes no sense.
G80 is extremely unpredictable and failure prone, an open diff is just predictably terrible and disappointing for drifting.

Just booger weld something, call it good.

The point of swapping the open diff in is to weld it beforehand.

The point of swapping the open diff in is to weld it beforehand.
Ahhh. Send it.
Pro tip, weld it inside the housing with axles in the side gears. That will keep the side gears aligned and reduce the likelihood of broken axles. Also, welding the side gears to the case will usually result in cracked welds after a while, but it?ll save the diff pin from taking all the load.

Ahhh. Send it.
Pro tip, weld it inside the housing with axles in the side gears. That will keep the side gears aligned and reduce the likelihood of broken axles. Also, welding the side gears to the case will usually result in cracked welds after a while, but it?ll save the diff pin from taking all the load.

Thanks, bud. I appreciate the advice.

I have a weldy center section if you want it, welded up with a Miller 225 turned all the way up. $35.00 plus shipping. Horrible with wide tires but if you have skinny drifting tires it's fine. It's just funny watching people's expressions when you have to hop it into a parking space.

I have a weldy center section if you want it, welded up with a Miller 225 turned all the way up. $35.00 plus shipping. Horrible with wide tires but if you have skinny drifting tires it's fine. It's just funny watching people's expressions when you have to hop it into a parking space.

PM me

Back