• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Serial number on engine block, different for 240 NA and 740 Turbo?

Mueller

Serial numbers on blocks for year or tied to vehicle type?

If smog ref ran serial numbers on my B230F(T), would they know if it came from a 240 or 740 and can they tell if turbo or NA?

Last edited:
Volvo-Penta shows that engine serial numbers older than 25 years use the serial number plate for identification. Volvo-Penta has a serial number search database for engines newer than 25 years.

The timing belt cover has the last three digits of the engine code stamped into the side of the block. Swap the timing belt covers?

FTFY.

EngineCode.jpg

No, that's just the part number for the engine.

Honestly, I don't think the referee will check the engine numbers. They just want to make sure all the emissions systems are on there.

No, that's just the part number for the engine.

Honestly, I don't think the referee will check the engine numbers. They just want to make sure all the emissions systems are on there.

Yea, I think I'll build up the motor using my N/A bottom end and what looks to me like a fairly recent turbo head rebuild that I got from the donor motor.

Back