• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whats the best performance fuel pump for my 740?

parablazer

I have a '90 745, it has a +T engine with a t3 turbo(12#s) with a 3" turbo back no cat no muffler exhaust, connected to a stock volvo 5 speed. Now my pump is making a bit of noise so its time to replace it. WHat pumps do y'all recomend to use for the intank and external pumps. I would like to run about 20+ #s on the engine one day(in the distant future), so I just want to be ready for it. Is there a Walbro pump that works, I maybe a stock pupmp from another car?

Thanks guys and gals

Dominik

parablazer said:
I have a '90 745, it has a +T engine with a t3 turbo(12#s) with a 3" turbo back no cat no muffler exhaust, connected to a stock volvo 5 speed. Now my pump is making a bit of noise so its time to replace it. WHat pumps do y'all recomend to use for the intank and external pumps. I would like to run about 20+ #s on the engine one day(in the distant future), so I just want to be ready for it. Is there a Walbro pump that works, I maybe a stock pupmp from another car?

Thanks guys and gals

Dominik

ditch the main pump, replace the tank pump with a walbro gs342 or equivalent. A pretty straightforward swap, and at $100-110 for the pump+hardware, it's cheap too.

740Weapon said:
the stock volvo pumps can sustain significant power.

Agreed, give them an independant relay to be on the safe side, get an afr gauge before anything else, and the stock pumps will sustain a substantial amount of fuel delivery. Although if you run over 230 hp i would recommend an rrfpr. Typical volvo style to overbuild for reliability, thats why these pumps can take it

Back