• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.4 b230ft won't start when cold

socalsean

back in the game
1991 245 with b230ft LH2.4 swap. All stock except for .60/.63 and no air box. Full stock exhaust with aw71L.

Car has been sitting for about a year with some fuel in the tank. In order to get it to start when cold (sitting over night outside) I need to spray starting fluid into the fpr vacuum line, crank, and keep rpms over 3000 for about 30 sec. Car will then idle and drive like normal. It will restart when it's been driven a bit.

I have filled the tank with 91 octane, added fuel conditioner, and replaced the fuel filter. Same problem occurs. All the old gas has probably been used by now and if not it's been mixed with enough 91 to not make a difference IMO.

Any ideas? I'm going to pull the in tank pump and have a look at the sock and rubber connecting hose. I'm running out of ideas.

Why would a 91 have a 2.4 swap when it came with 2.4?
Maybe the fuel pumps are gummed up with old fuel, and have a hard time coming up to speed when cold?

Edit I see it was a B230ft swap and a turbo ecu swap.

Figured it out. I had the coolant temp sensor, knock sensor, and cold start injector plugs mixed up. Runs like a champ now.

Back