• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Back seat questions, sedan/wagon?

olddaddy

I found a 91 sedan at the pick and pull with a perfect black interior. I'm planning to pull as much as I can get out of the car on the next sale day, which will be New Years Day. I'm pre-planning to have a black interior for my next 245 wagon. Question is, will the seat skins off the sedan back seat fit onto a wagon back seat? I know everything else is pretty much the same sedan to wagon, but that back seat is a mystery.

Sedan and coupe back seats are the same, but the patterns are different on 88 and up. The wagon is completley different back seat wise.

Thanks for the replies, my original post was a sort of "Hail Mary" hope for a miracle. This sedan interior looks NEW! If only it was a wagon!!

Black cloth back seats for 245s pop up on ebay once in a while. They are quite rare, at least here.

The 89+ black cloth with the later white foam and reinforced bottoms on the late seats are really really nice to drive, especially with modern heater grids...if you want seater heaters that is. Time consuming to rebuild them to last though.

The 89+ DL cloth holds up pretty good.

I have a 940 wagon and my back seat was beat. I took some sedan skins and my wagon skins to an upholstererer.(thanks for the wrong rear seat row51) The middle panels are the are mostly the same at the seams minus one more rod for the hog rings to attach. We missed that so the gap between the back and bottom mine didnt end up perfect. Oh well, I never was a perfectionist. The 940 wagon seats also have a place for the pull strap to come through to fold the seat bottom that sedan ones don't. I had a rear one piece bottom converted to my rear bottom 60/40 seats.

IIRC the rear seat bottoms are all the same it is the seat "BACK" that you will need to hunt down.

If you are going to grab the interior, grab the back seat as well.

Then if you feel really adventurous (read: have waaaay too much time on hand), when it comes to fitting, get those skins off of the backseat, get any wagon backseat skinn, cut them both at the stitches and use one as a template for the other. That way you could have wagon black leather backseat that matches the rest of the interior by age and wear and two TB ranks up.

If you are going to grab the interior, grab the back seat as well.

Then if you feel really adventurous (read: have waaaay too much time on hand), when it comes to fitting, get those skins off of the backseat, get any wagon backseat skinn, cut them both at the stitches and use one as a template for the other. That way you could have wagon black leather backseat that matches the rest of the interior by age and wear and two TB ranks up.

:nod:

17? / HR 4 EVAH!

:nod:

17? / HR 4 EVAH!

Upholstery lady had my bottoms done overnight, I was surprised. That carpeted zippered part is attached to the skin, you just peel it back and start cutting hog rings. Then the middle panels where your cheeks rest are the same shape size. (On the '93 940). After cutting the seams you reattach the good middle panels to your old side panels.

Back