• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What to do with this hose?

Sweep

Can someone remind me what this hose used to go to? It comes from the breather box on the block, is it the one that went to the original turbo inlet elbow?

If so, what can I do with it? I'm running a Holset and obviously non standard inlet hose.

Ben.

a0bf3d9ecacc6152d05c09997b764ff0.jpg

That goes before turbo on the air intake it sucks air so the breather setup works properly or doesn't if not hooked up. Oil blows everywhere otherwise.

That's annoying, what do people do that aren't using a stock turbo inlet hose? I have no way to take a hose from mine to the breather box.

Hi Sweep
You can use an alloy induction pipe with a 1" T-piece & integrate it into your induction system.
I think the original pipe from the breather box fits into a 1" tube (secured with a jubilee clip) which would then fit on the T-piece. Or if you use a catch can, the 1" pipe can come straight from it.
Tim

Hi Sweep
You can use an alloy induction pipe with a 1" T-piece & integrate it into your induction system.
I think the original pipe from the breather box fits into a 1" tube (secured with a jubilee clip) which would then fit on the T-piece. Or if you use a catch can, the 1" pipe can come straight from it.
Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for the idea! I'm a bit limited on space but hopefully I can make that work.

By the way, is this likely to bring any oil vapour into the inlet? I'm wondering whether to put the hose before or after the AMM and obviously don't want it getting oily.

Ben.

I haven't gotten bothered to work out a catch can setup, so I've been running a new OE breather box with a hose vented to atmosphere for like 2 years now. No issues at all, built motor with an HX35 at ~25psi.

Back