• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alternative air filters

Ursan

Bored Member
I'm currently using an Airaid 720-431 on my 780. It's currently attached directly to my MAF through the radiator support and sits inside the c-channel of the front bumper. Works quite well.

I've been wanting to get away from the oiled filters in favor of the dry media type. Problem is I can't seem to locate something that I can use in the same location as this particular filter has an offset flange.

AIR-720-431.jpg

Anyone know of other decent filter manufactures that I might look into as a possible replacement?

I use the alternative to K&N style filters
Paper

the "Filter" you posted will keep rocks and birds out but the stuff that really damages motors and contaminates your oil will go right on in.

Donaldson filters. A huge filter company but you mostly see them in heavy duty or industrial applications. They should have website. It's been years since I found some oddball filters in their catalogs. Top quality stuff.

Check a 2000 Ford F-250 diesel air filter at autoparts stores. I can't remember the exact size but I think it's a got a 3in inlet

Check a 2000 Ford F-250 diesel air filter at autoparts stores. I can't remember the exact size but I think it's a got a 3in inlet

I think the filter you're talking about is the NAPA 6637- common to change to this on the power strokes- my truck had one.

I think the filter you're talking about is the NAPA 6637- common to change to this on the power strokes- my truck had one.

Yep. My excursion has one too. Its a filter for construction equipment. Huge, and lasts a long time.

They get used in Ford trucks because the factory airbox tends to crack and lets the engine suck unfiltered air.

Back