• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ignition Timing w/RSI Stage 2 NA Cam

I ended up with my v15 cam advanced 6 degrees in my n/a wagon. So I would suggest either four or six degrees advanced cam timing. Leave the ignition at 12 degrees btdc.

On my turbo I am using two degrees advanced and am going to advance the cam to four or six degrees. I also use the 12 degrees btdc on my turbo as the ignition timing.

There's a whole set of procedures for checking the Lambda Dwell testpoint in both the greenbooks, and in Bentley. A brief summary is:
- O2 disconnected ~43° (open-loop warmup idle&cruise)
- Pressure switch grounded ~67° (boost enrichment)
- Thermal cutout switch grounded ~67°
- Pressure differential switch grounded ~82° (cold accel enrichment)

Try testing these individually using the procedure in the manual. If you have an original rotting wiring harness, there's a chance that one of the wires is shorted to ground causing the Lambda ECU to not behave correctly.

If you get the correct readings for the switches, etc., you then want to disconnect the O2 wire and adjust AFR on a wideband to ~14.3. This gives a slightly rich warmup mixture and should be close to the 1.0% CO gas analyzer measurement.

Installed my wideband this weekend, and replaced the ECU. Had it hovering around 14.7, I'll try to get it dialed in as close to 14.3 as possible. O2 sensor has analog output for the lamda ECU and things seem to work pretty well...

Back