• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Flywheel Sourcing

VeroDubs

The Big Swede
So I sent my stock LH2.4 flywheel out to be resurfaced, and as of right now, it seems they have lost it.

If it comes down to it, they will buy me a new one. But sourcing a new dog dish is seeming to be impossible.

The reason for this whole thing is I wanted to swap the stock flywheel in with a 8.5" T-5 disc and 740T pressure plate to see if my clutch dragging issue gets resolved.

I am currently running an STS Flywheel, Southbend Clutch, and SAAB Viggen PP. When I come to a stop with the clutch in and car in gear, the clutch feels like its dragging. Can't fix it with shimming, cable adjustment, nothing. So I want to swap to a stock-ish setup and see if it fixes it.

SO... does anyone have a link to somewhere to purchase a dog dish lh2.4 flywheel? I need to send it to my local store so they can cut me a check and I can buy another flywheel.

When you push the clutch in while coming to a stop, how bad is the drag? Will it kill the engine, or does it just make it difficult to shift?
What trans conversion kit do you have?
This sounds a bit like a seized input shaft bearing, or the input shaft not aligned properly.

I only ask this as the only difference between what you're running and what's in the rally car is the clutch disk. No problems at all in the rally car.

Post a wanted ad? I'm sure there is someone that has a flywheel for you.

The shop that lost my flywheel was gonna buy me a new one, they just need a link to one to buy.

When you push the clutch in while coming to a stop, how bad is the drag? Will it kill the engine, or does it just make it difficult to shift?
What trans conversion kit do you have?
This sounds a bit like a seized input shaft bearing, or the input shaft not aligned properly.

I only ask this as the only difference between what you're running and what's in the rally car is the clutch disk. No problems at all in the rally car.

Ok, I will describe the as best I can.

The hotter the car gets and the harder I drive it, the worse the draggins gets.

If I am cruising at 35mph (just for this example) in second gear, and I begin to approach a stop light, I press the clutch in but do NOT pull the shifter out of gear. As the vehicle slows, I can feel chattering through the drive line at the rear wheels. If I bring the RPM's up on the engine still holding the clutch in, the chattering goes away. (Almost like I am matching the flywheel/pp to the speed of the clutch disk which is still being spun by the rear wheels because the cars in gear)

Does that make sense?

I have one sitting on a shelf. If you're interested PM me.

I may take you up on this.

Back