• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo #2: Electric Boogaloo (Bleu finds a new home)

TheLost

Recently, I bought Bleu off of a fellow Turbobricker (Propov8r), so now the next stage in her life is about to unfold. I'll be posting progress, changes, and more here as time goes on. The previous build thread can be found here.

It was on a dark January day that Prop drove from NC to deliver this fair lady to me. I have to say, I've already fallen for the car and can understand why Prop had such a hard time coming to selling it.

How she sat when I bought it.

arObTjsl.jpg

mcB8Zgfl.jpg

Kvs82u6l.jpg

6otSBKJl.jpg

*dat ass tho*

JaEHkMRl.jpg

She's been affectionately renamed "Volvo #2: Electric Boogaloo" or "Boogie" for short.

Right now, I'm finalizing the Title transfer (having to register outside where I currently live sucks) but I am extremely excited to see where this goes.

Currently on my list of plans over the next couple months/years are:
-Full coils built on the Billy HDs currently in the car
-Roll over correction
-Install 22mm rear sway
-Install new shifter
-Camber plates to make sure I'm not "stance-bro-ing" the car
-Roll fenders (the right way)
-Centerline AutoDrag (Is if I can find them, but IIs otherwise) in 16x8/9
-Bring the boost back up a little (not to the 20 that Prop got it too, because much like him, I'm too afraid)
-Struggle to find an LSD for the rear end
-Install the electric mirrors
-Add 4 channel Amp and sub
-Add e-fan for hills/long drives
-Corbeau front seats
-Slowly switch to black interior
-Late model "round" headlight conversion (so if anyone wants the ecodes later...)

Oh! and by the way, in case you were wondering what I was upgrading from..

here.

Rf3pUVF.jpg

e5cBWJY.jpg

jsfY7yT.jpg

So you can imagine my excitement.

Anyways, more is coming, so stay tuned! (though progress will likely be slow)

id be seriously interested in the headlights, cant wait to see where you take this already awesome car

Dibs on E-codes already? Well, semi-serious.

In full seriousness, nice car!

Thanks! I will probably keep the ecodes, tbh, in case I ever want to go back.

You want to remove the projector headlights to put in pseudoround lights? Why?

It would be rounds with projectors in them. I just like the look of round headlights over the big rectangles.

because kool-aid? :e-shrug:

Nice car regardless, are you part of the OH Volvo Hooligans group on FB?

Pretty much. Would retain the projector bits so they still work well, but I'm just a fan of the rounds. Also, I am not! I didn't know it existed.

id be seriously interested in the headlights, cant wait to see where you take this already awesome car

Thanks!

I'm a sucker for the old Auto drags. I really am. lol

I like this guy's instagram, Car is not my style.

RPCHyR4l.jpg

Car is kinda like what I'm going for. Definitely not fender mirrors though, and I will be keeping my stock bumpers since I'm not a fan of what he did with either. But I like the wheels, and I really like those headlights.

I do plan on having the car repainted because of some flaws in the paint and in general the door sills really need some love as far as paint goes, and I'm bouncing a couple colors around.

Either:

A Dark metallic blue, kinda like on the G35s but more metallic

155599d1355339331-what-best-wheels-color-dark-blue-g-dsc_0156.jpg

A Dark maroon color, like the original Volvo 240 maroon, but with a touch more metallic, like this

5834772014_a4f618c730_b.jpg

A moderate gloss mustard color

23447520042_large.jpg

OR just a nice, clean, gloss black.

8144458033_9d33d998b1_b.jpg

Please, for the love of God, don't glue 7" rounds on the car.

I'm not going to?

I'm going to use late model housings (from a junkyard or ebay), remove the lens, and simply fit the round (with a projector housed inside) to the housing. If I decide to switch back to the ecodes, I just unplug them, unbolt them, and swap them back. I like different tastes, but I never do anything that isn't easily reversible in case I get bored and want to try something new.

Well, I was out getting food on Wednesday night and I was coming to a stop, pressed the clutch and heard a pop, followed by zero clutch response and feelings of panic.

Well, waiting at the light, I quickly jumped out and looked under the dash to see if it was on my end.

It was.

The U shaped bracket that attaches the clutch cable to the pedal had somehow broken (Pics to come).

I had a couple friends with me so we pushed it to the nearest parking lot, called AAA and got a free tow home. Ordered a new cable at 12:30am same night and it should be here today, so it can go in tomorrow.

Hopefully it was just a weird defect with the cable, and not caused by some greater issue with the clutch. Only time will tell.

This has been an exciting week 1 of driving the car. :roll:

I'm not going to?

I'm going to use late model housings (from a junkyard or ebay), remove the lens, and simply fit the round (with a projector housed inside) to the housing. If I decide to switch back to the ecodes, I just unplug them, unbolt them, and swap them back. I like different tastes, but I never do anything that isn't easily reversible in case I get bored and want to try something new.

That's exactly what not to do. It won't look good.

I believe Jared had problems with aftermarket clutch cables on that car. You will want to hunt up a good Volvo cable.

That's exactly what not to do. It won't look good.

I believe Jared had problems with aftermarket clutch cables on that car. You will want to hunt up a good Volvo cable.

Honestly, the look I'm going for (at least as far as the headlights are concerned) is like the "Awful_Hero" wagon headlights. If there's a different way that's better, how would you do it?

And yeah, I figured that. I ordered a new OEM cable from IPD.

Don't. The projector E-codes are awesome on that car.

But see that's subjective. I think they're cool but I personally like the look of rounds more. Like I said, I plan on keeping the ecodes and still available and bolt back in. I'm not going to gut them to make the rounds. I'd be making a set of rounds with the same projectors, so I can swap them out as I please, depending on how I'm feeling.

Back