• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Is green the new brown?

Msi

Are green top and brown top injectors the same?

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for a while now, but just can't find a definitive confirmation.

Are these two injectors the same?
- BOSCH: 0280150803, GREEN TOP
- FORD: E5ZE, BROWN TOP

Looking for a plug-an-play injectors upgrade for 96' 940 2.0 turbo.

The closest confirmation that i found on this was this post:
http://turbobricks.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2452397&postcount=47

Still, I need to be 100% sure, that these are the same, before I order a 4-pack.

Thanks in advance for Your time and tips:)

Matthew.

Last edited:
I have the stock injectors, dono the part#.

I'm planning these mods, already have most of the parts ready for install:
- MBC (NXS)
- Boost gauge (Bosch)
- Wideband O2 + gauge (AEM)
- ECU chip (boostinbilly) - no boost cut
- EZK chip (boostinbilly) - retards the timing at full load
- 3" DP (klracing.se)
- IC (classic swede)
- Electric exhaust cutout valve ("Y" shaped right after the DP)
- Some basic air box mod
- DIY knock detector

I'm looking to refresh my fuel system, though the stock one should be enough, but it's 22 years old and i don't want to lean out suddenly and kill the engine.

So, I'm looking into adding this to the list above, and need some re-assurance that I'm buying the right stuff:

- Walbro GSS342 in-tank pump (and bin the OEM pumps)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WCY80E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1X7T0NB572XNW&psc=1

- Injectors (as stated in the original post)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-36lb-3...-type-U-S-Domestic-European-Fit-/270828536416

- FRP (stock, new)
still looking for the OEM Bosch part# for the 3bar turbo FPR

I plan for all this to work well when i later upgrade the Turbo to 16T or 15G and up the boost further.
Am I planning right?

The pump is not plug in play, but as long as it comes with the plug for the pump you can just splice it in place to the oem wiring.

The injectors look like they should work, I do not know if they are high impedance or low impedance so you will want to find out.

Myself I prefer a newer style injector for better atomization. I know there are some here that prefer the older style injectors over the newer spray patterns but to each thier own.

The pump is not plug in play, but as long as it comes with the plug for the pump you can just splice it in place to the oem wiring.

The injectors look like they should work, I do not know if they are high impedance or low impedance so you will want to find out.

Myself I prefer a newer style injector for better atomization. I know there are some here that prefer the older style injectors over the newer spray patterns but to each thier own.

Good ol' 803 greens, Porsche 944T..low impedence..
Have them in my Frod YB Crosswoth..."the" injector when output around 330hp..

The Porsche 944T is a single port 8v isn't it? The later model 968s had the 16v na option, but weren't those also 3.0L?

Yeah it seems so
86head01.jpg

But Ben seems curious about something...
So here:
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Phone: +49 711 91126220

Call them and ask.

Iirc the Ford SHO with the v6 had Bosch injectors with a split pattern. I will check my pile of injectors as I might still have some around but the spray pattern is very defined split spray.

Back