• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

STS LS 240 mounts, Hows your fitment? Mines tight

SwedishBee

Drill em deep
90 240 with 5.3 sitting on sts mounts with hooker 8501 manifolds.
less than 1/2" of total engine movement between the manifold hitting the steering shaft and the the other header collector hitting the frame rail.
do the earlier cars have a skinnier steering shaft?
pics later

Is it hitting in the larger square section of the steering shaft?
The 5.slow moostang has about 1/8in of clearance on the steering shaft and it hasn't been an issue.

It'll clear but I'm told from others it'll be a little ~tight~.
We are using our STS ls motor mounts. You can use the Holley Oil Pan #302-1 fits without modifying your cross member. Hooker Cast Iron Headers #8501 HKR will clear the steering shaft, you need to run the TRW cam style steering rack for our mounts.

ahhhhh you must use a cam style rack.
does not say that on the website or anywhere, nice.

The stock splined sections are hollow. You can cut them off the OEM upper/lower shafts. 0.50" diameter steel rod happens to be a near perfect fit in the hollow splined sections. So you can alter the lengths/angles, get rid of the larger rectangular rubber damper OEM piece and create all the clearance you need to run just about whatever exhaust manifold you like all while using stock u-joints. Getting rid of the rectangular OEM upper shaft/damper makes for a more direct connection with better feel, but transmit a bit more noise. FWIW. Lots of ways to skin this cat.

Edit -- tip - leave the steering wheel on when taking apart all the bits inside the engine compartment....don't ask how I know.

[/QUOTE]

Mine was hitting. I had to move the whole track an inch and a few pubes over to the drivers side then shave some area off the hooker headers where the steering shaft was hitting. All good now but was not my idea of fun night

Mine was hitting. I had to move the whole track an inch and a few pubes over to the drivers side then shave some area off the hooker headers where the steering shaft was hitting. All good now but was not my idea of fun night

I did this too based upon Texas240's advice. Had to shift the rack and shave the header. There is also a splined plain shaft available from coleman racing that can create some additional clearance.

Back