• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B-rods '87 765 daily driver project

Nice work! I'm doing mine right now as well... only I'm re-wiring and swapping engines. Apparently the newer 93 got a cleaner engine bay wiring harness. Your pics are a huge help. How'd you hide your harness so well?

Also wondering if you jusst cleaned up your new motor and dropped it in? Or did you reseal it completely first? Your pics just kinda ogo from back of the truck to in the car.

WOW! That is immaculate! Makes me feel bad for neglecting my brick so much. It's getting a new engine this week, I'm going to pull one tomorrow. The pics are worth a thousand words for how to pull my engine. Do you happen to have one of the engine from a side view before you pulled off the transmission?
I might, I'll have a look when I get home.

Nice work! I'm doing mine right now as well... only I'm re-wiring and swapping engines. Apparently the newer 93 got a cleaner engine bay wiring harness. Your pics are a huge help. How'd you hide your harness so well?
I basically just removed wasn't necessary and pushed everything else I could out of sight. I never intended on hiding it, just making it less intrusive.

Also wondering if you jusst cleaned up your new motor and dropped it in? Or did you reseal it completely first? Your pics just kinda ogo from back of the truck to in the car.
Cuz that's basically what happened lol. It just got a new gasket when I put the painted valve cover on and that's it. I have new seals for when I do the cam but so far everthing looks dry.

Well I drove it home last night but that was a big mistake. I think there's an issue with the oil drain on the turbo because it's like a James Bond smoke screen out back, just brutal. The turbo was supposed to be clocked but it looks to be on quite an angle. I guess I'll try reclocking it, I'll have to redo the drain hose unfortunately.

Am I doing it right?

IMG_0070.jpg

Nope :oops:

IMG_0064.jpg

I guess a little back story. I was running late for school one day and took a corner a lot faster than I should have for the conditions. Anyways, spun around and hit the left rear wheel on a curb at about 60km/h; pushed the rear end about 3" or 4" to the passenger side. The only damage i can visually see other than the wheel is the panhard bar mount is pretty much ripped from the body. Its pretty twisted. Not wanting to mess with fixing it, I found a new car a few days ago and started swapping parts. And today a friend told me he wants to try and fix the damage on the old one so thats a bonus.

Anyways, the new car! 1989 760 wagon, B230FT with Turbo+ :oogle:, automatic, black leather... its red....i dunno... stuff....

PICTURES!

5587459813_a91911240e_z.jpg

5588052012_ae04eeac68_z.jpg

5587458209_3a95c6f1d8_z.jpg

5587466861_d431529ef4_z.jpg

Not a very good interior shot but its all I have right now

5588061206_901641962e_z.jpg

So messy.... must... clean...

5588063266_75ae06ca96_z.jpg

5588064852_3a761123b9_z.jpg

So today I started swapping parts from old wagon to new. Got the rear sway bar and Bilsteins in and cut I think 1 and a half coils off the springs. Sits pretty nice with the 1" spacers on the back. I might trim some more but I'll wait til I get the front done. Also looks lower in person

5588067908_83fb2c4154_z.jpg

5588070960_9c3c298615_z.jpg

So anyways, tomorrow I will be swapping the front struts, sway bar and choppin some coils. The rest of the week I need to swap on my 15g and exhaust, intercooler, do some cleanup, I NEED to be rid of the yucky chrome trim so that will get painted, I'll do a good wash and wax then it should be good to go for the meet on Saturday.

Last edited:
Oh no! I was just reading this thread after your post in the meet thread last night. But glad you got another one. Good stuff!
Thanks man. Yah it was sad but this one seems like a good replacement. Possibly even better.

Got the front struts swapped today and cut the springs. I think I ended up taking 2 and a half coils off. Ran into a few problems doing that so I ran out of time to swap the swaybar but I need to get some new endlinks anyways.

5588072554_472d17bb71_z.jpg

5587483079_8091bc5625_z.jpg

5587485021_e153bfa64b_z.jpg

5587486617_f984552960_z.jpg

Alright well time for some updating. A few weeks ago I got my 90+ manifold and 15g swapped over along with the 3" exhaust I did a few weeks earlier. Its a lot more enjoyable to drive now. Only running 10psi - ish as its a K block and I'm pretty sure its got 9mm rods. Once I get a better intercooler I might turn up the wick a bit. I also need to finally get my RSI Stage 1 cam in.

Engine bay is still a mess. I'll get around to it eventually haha

5705423627_efbcabeac6_z.jpg

5705990530_674a52d506_z.jpg

The day I got the car I ripped the stock stereo out and it took a month to get the replacement together but it was worth it. I also got my boost gauge and wideband mounted in the spot above the deck.

Old school Alpine CDA-9825 deck
Hertz 5.25" Components in the front doors, tweeters mounted in the dash
Energy 5.25" Coaxials in the rear doors
MA Audio dual 4 ohm 10" sub
Alpine MRP-M450 powering the sub
Alpine MRP-F250 powering the speakers

Speakers all fit under the stock covers, sub box and amps mounted in the spare tire well so I still have the full cargo space.

5705984254_0e03a2ec48_z.jpg

5705419853_62b6d597bc_z.jpg

5705987196_7f752f3e5d_z.jpg

5705986480_57eeceb2a5_z.jpg

5705985284_9c76c907d3_z.jpg

I've slowly been blacking out all the chrome/repainting bumpers. I have the front bumper done already, worked on the rear bumper today. I also tinted the rear 3 windows with 20% limo, turned out pretty damn good.

5705983500_b9aeb0a500_z.jpg

5705422063_88f2e107ee_z.jpg

I'm getting some baller sauce wheels for my 240 so I'll be putting the Mustang wheels on the wagon sometime hopefully soon. Very excite!

Nice car. How's it would with that muffler?
Haha it's basically just for looks. I think it quiets it a bit but most of the tone comes from the Magnaflow. It's pretty quiet with the cat in there too. I'll see if I can get a sound clip up soon.

Fantastic update! I need to learn a thing or two from you haha
Thanks man. I'd be happy to help you out if you ever need it.

We can grab sound clips if I can find a condenser mic. Need a nice mic to actually capture the deep tones. Mine sounds tinny from videos but it's actually pretty deep in real life.

What paint do you use to black out your bumpers? I'm a complete n00b at that, but need to de-chrome my 780 front bumper haha

We can grab sound clips if I can find a condenser mic. Need a nice mic to actually capture the deep tones. Mine sounds tinny from videos but it's actually pretty deep in real life.

Actually thats a good idea. I could grab some stuff from school some time and try it.

What paint do you use to black out your bumpers? I'm a complete n00b at that, but need to de-chrome my 780 front bumper haha

As per Cameron's Beige project, I tried the SEM trim black and it works awesome. I just scuffed everything with a red Scotch brite, did 1 light coat then 2 or 3 medium coats and it seems to be holding up well. Got it at KMS but I think Lordco might have it too.

Am I doing it right?

I guess a little back story. I was running late for school one day and took a corner a lot faster than I should have for the conditions. Anyways, spun around and hit the left rear wheel on a curb at about 60km/h; pushed the rear end about 3" or 4" to the passenger side. The only damage i can visually see other than the wheel is the panhard bar mount is pretty much ripped from the body. Its pretty twisted. Not wanting to mess with fixing it, I found a new car a few days ago and started swapping parts. And today a friend told me he wants to try and fix the damage on the old one so thats a bonus.

Anyways, the new car! 1989 760 wagon, B230FT with Turbo+ :oogle:, automatic, black leather... its red....i dunno... stuff....

lol i did the same thing the other day except was going slower and in a parking lot:oops:
popped front tire and messed the alignment up a little:-(

lol i did the same thing the other day except was going slower and in a parking lot:oops:
popped front tire and messed the alignment up a little:-(

Yah sucks eh? lol

Luckily my friend was able to fix mine and he's actually driving it now but I learned my lesson for sure.

Yah sucks eh? lol

Luckily my friend was able to fix mine and he's actually driving it now but I learned my lesson for sure.
That guy is me :bigthumb: lol I thought id finally post something..
Other than bending a diff mount and battling a bad exhaust manifold leak she's been treating me well ! Can't wait to start making it different and ny own.
I have swaped in black leather interior that I got for super cheap , got a areo body kit from the wreckers for cheqp, can't beleve I picked that up before anyone else did :) also made a adjustable pan hard bar that I may start making in bulk and selling once I perfect it
Will get updated picks soon

Back