• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Black 850 R complete at local junkyard-parts worth anything?

Vol242vo

Keep it clean...
Just got back from the junkyard looking for some cheap roller wheels for my 242, came across this 850R that looks reasonably complete. Black leather and suede interior is in really good shape still has front and rear bumper, polyurethane motor mounts, K&N air filter, MSD blaster at ignition, rear spoiler, Bilstein HDs, And slotted rotors upfront before I spend my time and energy picking this up thing apart are these parts worth pulling I’m not a FWD guy

8-E0-BE297-66-A0-4-A44-B8-E5-CF6-DB76-A700-B.jpg

2817-D05-E-DA2-F-4-B17-A571-7-F1801-B832-BF.jpg

2-E2409-EA-CA75-4-CDA-9-E89-C7-AD396-C8581.jpg

FB7-B7-F32-E9-EB-4385-AE08-B8-AC982299-D6.jpg

EF86-C61-B-6-BFC-48-BE-A3-D3-CDA24-D009-C56.jpg

4056-F8-A6-9-FC2-460-E-B42-C-2-A39522-BC17-F.jpg

C895-F2-E5-E649-4-A30-A91-C-921-E45637-C3-D.jpg

B43-E95-C2-3558-4-E3-A-9-D52-5-DEF4-D5-FF9-AD.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the picture, is the lower portion of the front bumper cracked all the way through? Or is it just scuffed? Don't care about the top half.

Jordan

I’ll grab what you guys need just don’t want to sit on it for too long. Jordan, all metal was in really good shape.

The Bilsteins. I never have any luck around here finding any. My '97 needs new struts/shocks.

I see braided brake lines on the front. Those are a nice thing to grab.

Check the size of the front brake rotors. If they're 302mm (Just shy of 12") grab the caliper brackets. That is the most needed part for the 280-->302 upgrade, as the calipers are the same. (Not sure if those rotors would be worth pulling, even if they're the 302 ones)

I see some blue silicone on the IC hoses.

The armrest cover looks to be in nice shape.

EDIT : I'd have an interest in the HDs and maybe the braided lines if the brakes are 302mm (I have all of the other bits for that conversion). The rest of the stuff is just stuff I noticed in the pics.

I?ll grab what you guys need just don?t want to sit on it for too long. Jordan, all metal was in really good shape.

OK. Going to see if my dad can swing by Spokane in a couple weeks.

What sort of prices for things? Crazy expensive place or no?

Jordan

Grab the front bumper. People murder those things and if it's decent it's worth money. Apart from that the same stuff every one else said. Anything R specific is worth selling. Seats, steering wheel, door panel inserts,spoiler, etc.

I'd be making a lot money on that car if it were in my local pnp. I would of stripped that car the very same day. Those look like normal 280 mm rotors.

Billy hds front & rear shocks - easily worth $200 if not worn out
Brake lines - probably not worth that much $40-50 for a set
Ecu - upgrade for normal T5 models - worth $100
Silicone hoses - worth $100
Bumper - $300-400 depending on condition
Suede door inserts- $60
Rear spoiler - $100-150 if you find the right buyer
Seats, front & rear - $300-400

If that's a pick n pull, there's 40% sale going on for the next few days so you can get all those parts cheap and make some money if you're the wheelin n dealin type. I'm not seeing any pick n pulls in the Spokane area though.

Found a Volan in the trunk too with brand new rubber, yes I know the tread is directional and wrong side of the car...:-P

B214-A2-D6-B5-AA-45-F7-B7-EB-46-DDF88-FE898.jpg

CAE51-EB5-BEE6-48-DB-BE69-7-BE10-C385-D84.jpg

Would you be able to ship, or somehow get the front fenders (if they really are damn near perfect) to Oroville at the boarder? Then my dad can drive down and get them.

JOrdan

Jordan, the passenger fender has a few dents however the hood and drives side fender are nearly flawless. Shipping would be insane I’d imagine but I’ll grab them if you really need them.

In the meantime, I have the following items and will be cleaning them up and posting them for sale in the next few days.

Rear spoiler
Front bumper, which turns out is completely intact with a single scuff on the passenger corner
ECU
Bilstein HD Shocks and struts
3 iPd silicone hoses
iPd front braided brake lines
Minty arm rest cover

Back