• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Hulk V2.0- infant stages

Captain Bondo

Exklusiv Zubehör Klub
300+ Club
Nick Choy's recent pics got me off my ass. :lol:

Here's a couple pics of the UNFINISHED front end conversions I'm fiddling with.

Couple of notes: I just cut up a broken grille I had laying around for a proof-of-concept thing, so no dumb comments there. ;p Basically for the finished one I'll do the same thing with an unbroken grille, and use the broken grille for parts. I'm going to extend the sections of grille allong the top and bottom so the grille goes the whole width of the front.

Some other stuff needs the usual trimming and smoothing and i want to put the top bumper trim on, etc, but it's coming along.
http://www.pbase.com/capnbondo/v20

Added a few more since the driveway messes with the stance of the car a little. Front end should drop a little more w/ the camber plates...

way cool. much better then putting merc lights in there.

wasn't there a artical somewhere that says that the air to air IC acts more as a heatsick then a heatexchanger, is so then his PSIC has more then enough mass to absobe the heat.

Hey the air dam vents will be set up to grab lots of air actually so it shouldn't be too bad.
Also I don't have the psic any more, I have a 3" thick unit out of an International dump truck or something. It's a bit shorter and thicker so I should be able to get lots of air at it.... I'm obsessed with intercoolers. lol.

I'm thinking about doing a hole at each end of the airdam as well for brake ducts but I probably won't be motivated to change it that majorly for a while.
Thanks for the input guys. Oh and they light up the road way better than my 7" round h4's did and they were pretty good!

yeah the guy i sold my 760 lights too is running them in his 940, he has 55/60W H4's in the combi light with 100W H3's in the mains and 55W fogs. which is pretty cool.

I still haven't painted the sides yet, because the car has been at my bro's w/o a drivetrain for the last 2 months, but it should be up and running in the next week. Then I will finish painting the sides and post some pix.

Hey Kenny, any plans for a CF hood in the near future? I think the CF would look sweet on the green. I will get one eventually, when I finish my Engine.

It looks like it will end up looking good when it is finished but i am pissed off that you used lights that could have had a home on my car you bastid.

I see you cut the grille, good on ya.

I looked at the short, long front clear lights on my grandpa mobile and thought of that space below your lights.

I like the lights.
I don't mind the grille, either. It might be easy to fill the area below the lights with bars or something.

As far as blocking air, I agree that plenty of air comes from under the bumper. I have seen plenty of dirt racers block off the grille completely when running a spoiler under the radiator.

Thanks for the comments. I couldn't help but giggle sadistically just a little as I was hacking up the housings of the euro lights to make 'em fit- knowing I was essentially destroying them in regard to them ever being used as they were meant to ever again. It's also scary to cut them before you're certain it's going to work.

I'll do some more pics when I get the grille done and such.

Snoop Dougy Doug said:
What lower air dam is that?

I'm curious too.
If I had to guess I'd say late 240 just mounted further forward (sides patched together??) with the bumper pushed in, and the car sitting low.

Back