• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1991 744 Turbo (the Race Car)

Lets see if this works, if I didn't have as much going on I would of gotten more or better videos but this is the only clips that were worth uploading.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1DkX4FZDXnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is only the second time I have gone w0t with him in the car, it seems to like it as he is always wanting to ride in daddy's car along with wanting to go fast.

Today I had an up and down day working on the car, had my welder semi break to the point where I have no clue what is wrong with it so Monday it goes off to the shop for repairs.

Besides that I spent the entire day building a transmission flush tool (similar to the motive power bleeder). I am not happy with how it turned out as no place had sch40 pvc, only ABS which will not properly take pressure, this is fully functional and working great, it is v1.0. I am tempted to redo it with sch 40 clear so I can see the fluid but we shall see, I have to do a lot more planing as this was a build it while I plan in my head. Either way 12 qrts later and it seems to work great in pushing the fluid into the valve body and then causing it to drain into the pan, I am trying to make it so I can use it on All volvo's for sure (with IPD's trans flush hose) along with other adapters for say my GMC and anything else that I will want/need to flush trans fluid with.

And pictures
rps20130330_201039_199.jpg

rps20130330_201013_551.jpg

Got the intake manifold reinforced . . .

rps20130410_191516.jpg

Also today I went for smog and passed with great numbers. .. . . But I failed the Evap test as my power wire I ran for intank is leaking. So time to get a bulkhead fitting and redo it properly and then for sure I will pass.

That intake manifold is so sexy! Does it spool slower with that huge plenum? Is throttle response affected by much?
Where in the powerband is the major improvement of that intake over a stock intake?
Really nice built! I love your car!

It does spool a bit slow but there are a lot of factors to that, LH is prob the key factor, once I go MS it should get a lot better.

Either way @ the track once you get the turbo spooling @10psi off the line the turbo is all in and always there the entire length of the track.

Bit improvement on the big end, Next time I get to the dyno we will see what the new header and intakes gains were.

Found the leak on my gas tank finally, stupid fitting on the larger tanks is leaking where the plastic fitting is pressed into the tank so I need to drop and reseal or just install a new tank so we shall see, I have like 20 days to fix and get it back on the rollers to pass smog.

removed the 3rd brake light on the 744 that sits at the base of the window and installed one off a s70 Volvo that fits on the roof, not super happy with how it mounted but for now it works until I figure out something better. Cleaned up the back of the car a lot.

You can see the rear brake light at the base of the window in this picture (ignore the mess as once I clean up the shed I will get more of the mess out)
IMG_3246.jpg

And removed . . it is very odd not having a light there.

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_2309.jpg

Made a new TPS bracket while trying to fix my leaking throttle body, first time didn't do anything, second time I used some RTV and got it to seal. car finally idles better but still runs a bit odd.
IMG_3292.jpg

And removed the nasty ass old round coolant bottle and put in a nice new 940 bottle. Coolant was a bit dirty so I will prob flush the system in a week or two and use some pentofrost blue. Bracket is a bit ghetto but it works.
IMG_3293.jpg

Last edited:
Technically no . . . But this is why I put a wanted post up for another 3" TB with those fittings as this TB doesn't have the fittings like the one I just replaced.

They are back up.... Host had a hiccup.

Also had the throttle stick wide open while next to a cop getting on the highway..... And invisible.... Didn't even look over. Got it unstuck and got the issue resolved now.

Spacers came today, going to be drilling them out to the right ID tomorrow, I should need 3mm worth of spacers on the small side (1.5mm on each side), the large side will need 6mm (3mm on each side). I will get some pictures of the spacer setup tomorrow.

So far this is what I have.

torquerods_3292.jpg

torquerods_3293.jpg

rps20130906_055739_231.jpg

We shall see, I am trying to get the most traction possible as the weather gets cooler here the car will be picking up some power and it already struggles to hook on the street at 20+psi when it is 110deg here. I can not imagine how stupid it will be when it is 60deg out.

Either way after the rear Konis and the adjustable panhard rod (poly bushings) I am wanting to try to dial in the car more so I have been doing a ton of research about building my own coilovers of which I finally know all.of the parts I need, I just need to find the $ to get them. Once built I can install the front konis I have and added with these solid torque rods I am hoping the rear end is a bit easier to deal with. I am hoping I can set the pinion angle correctly to get the most out of these arms. The solid bushings should also help as I keep being told over the new uro bushings I put in when we reinforced the arms a few years back. The big bushing on the bottom rotated 90degrees while installed so who knows what that means.

I still need to get the battery moved to the trunk and get the engine bay wiring cleaned up, just finding time is the hard part. Once that is done ms is right around the corner. I keep wanting one last dyno or track run on lh with this trans to get a good baseline.

Last edited:
Back