• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Don't want to worry about excessive heat building up in the steering during the heat of battle over the summer months...

BA720E7E-9F5A-453A-8849-77B33636E77C-M.jpg

7CCE1550-CEA5-42A6-9F88-1DB6346638FE-M.jpg

17E7F44A-44E7-4BB4-A89F-052BB724B909-M.jpg

Will it? I run the Redline PS fluid in the rally cars, and drift car without issue. DD 240 gets whatever is red and in excess supply.

Seen many cars with significant pump leaks and bottles of power steering fluid and snake oil half empty. I'll go on a limb here and suggest causation based on this and correlation.

From the horse's mouth:

"Power steering fluid
Capacity: 0.8 US qts = 0.75 1iters
Fluid type: ATF type F only
Replace: no fluid change required.
The dipstick is attached to the cap. Fluid level should be between MIN and MAX marks. Add fluid
when the level is at the ADD mark."

https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/manuals/ownersmanualinfo/year/1988/model/240

Will it? I run the Redline PS fluid in the rally cars, and drift car without issue. DD 240 gets whatever is red and in excess supply.

From their website I think he is good

RED LINE POWER STEERING FLUID satisfies the service fill requirements of most auto manufacturers and can be used where the manufacturer calls for any automatic transmission fluid such as Dexron?, Dexron II?, II-E?, or Dexron III?, Ford Type-F, Mercon or M2C138-CJ such as required by Ford, AMC, Toyota, Nissan, Lexus, Infiniti, Jaguar, VW, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, SAAB, Subaru, Volvo, Porsche, Mitsubishi, Mazda and many others.

Nooooo. S2000!! M3!!! Not a Corvette!!!!

For what its worth, I am running Royal Purple synthetic power steering fluid in my car, seems to be doing ok now. Curious how it does in the long term. I have had excellent luck with it in my buggy for the last 12 years.

I would take a vette over an S2000.....fan boy cars. E92 m3 vs. Vette is a tough one, Beemer is better build quality by a long shot, vette is faster and way easier and cheaper on maintenance.

You find your motivation to get this thing done yet? Summers here...

Kids are sucking up my motivation. Been carrying 90% of child rearing duties over the last 2-3 months so I get maybe 4 hours a week total to work on it. I welded and painted a bracket last night though, so I have that going for me.

As far as Vettes go, they are definitely faster and cheaper, but feel harsh and kind of brutal. I kind of like how delicate the others feel by comparison. Then again my garbage is an oxcart by comparison to the others so my point of view is weird.

Kids are sucking up my motivation. Been carrying 90% of child rearing duties over the last 2-3 months so I get maybe 4 hours a week total to work on it. I welded and painted a bracket last night though, so I have that going for me.

Breathe easy my friend. If I could tell my younger self one thing, it would probably be to try to take a "longer view" on things (which you are obviously already good at doing). In my early days I started and quite countless projects as time and funds did not permit, what I felt to be, reasonable progress. I will say that it is still of value to me to at least "move the ball forward" a little bit each day. Whether in thought, on-line or actually in the garage. It just makes me feel better to think that I did something for myself on a given day.

Which is a large part of the reason why, for most of my life, I have fixed up the sow's ear versus going with the turn-key. We all have our thing. My realtor drives an amazing new Camaro SS with the monstrous Brembo brakes. Yet knows nothing about cars. That's fine. I enjoy tinkering and learning.

Looking for a new job too.

Mid-life crises I guess. New house. New job. Empty nest.

Updated my LinkedIn account. Tired of driving 30k miles a year. Need to find a bigger company with a smaller territory. And stuff.

Going to properly lower the DL. Coil-overs, SAI correctors, the whole she-bang.

Other than that, everything is copasetic.

7DC48430-797D-4D66-8EEF-D1F1DFE0E3C3-M.jpg

Back