• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vanity Plate

daniels740

I've gotten too tired of my 740's front license plate spot being empty due to the fact that I live in Florida, where only a rear plate is required.

Anyone have an idea what would look nice on the car? I am looking for something $25 and under shipped.

Really hoping to fill that void in my bumper, thanks in advance!!
nYEO5N0l.jpg

^ Never even seen a Florida car have matching front/rear license plates. I don't even think I can ask for a matching one from the DMV. Even if I can, I'm sure it won't be under $25.

I believe cars looks best without a front license plate. Our state just dropped the requirement for a front plate, like most states.
SKomI4Kl.jpg
[/IMG]

Didn't know you could remove the two tabs that bottom screws of the plate fasten into. That's what was throwing me off on my 740. I'll look into it.
7YG0gqgh.png

like most states.

Really?
CT went back to 2 plates a few years ago.
They also eliminated proof of registration stickers at the time.

OP, I'd go with nothing (remove the lower brackets though).

Last edited:
I like it.

A LOT.

Glad someone else likes it :-P !

Anyway, I think I'm going to buy 2 of these from buildasign.com, and see how it looks. Total's up to $18. Here's a link to the design: https://www.buildasign.com/sharedde...641723250584164686A57795A6D744352616261773D3D

I'll let you guys know if I put an order in. I would have ordered from Dave Barton, but he sells decals for the front bumper, not an easily added or removed vanity plate. Thanks again for all your input.

So, it came in on time, but I was a bit disappointed with how they looked so I set them aside until today, when I did a complete cleaning of my 740 inside and out, and decided to just slap the plate on.

It looks pretty bad in direct light, because the black background isn't a nice shiny black, its like printing out a black page from your printer by using only the color cartridges. Anyway, here's a pic where it looked alright thanks to the lighting.

Ir1htL9l.png

Envious. My state requires front plate. Used for: a) Tolling, b) Red light camera ticketing, c) Laser gun target (speeding ticket cop).

Back