• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Stupid LS swap question #3...where ECU?

Broke4speed

My duh never ends.
If using a pared-down stock harness (which I am), what kind of leeway is there for ecu mounting? I'd really rather not mount it like GM does in the trucks (up front in the bay) due to other things being in the way, but without extending or altering the harness substantially...there's not many other options. Do I have to go through the process of lengthening and altering the harness to get the ecu in the cabin, because UGH.

I totally bailed on the easiest job of this whole swap, the harness work, and bought a pre-built standalone one after examining all the options.

Same thing here. I easy-buttoned mine with a MS 'Gold Box' and a pre-made harness. Fished it through the existing hole in the firewall and it sits behind the passenger side footwell kick panel, where the stock ECU used to be.

I bought that before Holley announced their Terminator stuff, I'd probably have gone that way it it was around when I was buying parts.

which one did you get?

The cheapest one I could get quickly, which could have blown up in my face but after spending some time pinning it out today, everything is right where it belongs. It's DBC for the P01 ecu though, which means I miss out on some fun stuff for later, but ah well. I did the mapping to see if I could convert it to P59 and it's only a few pins to flip and a few wires to add for the DBW, but since I had some P01 ecus...wasn't worth it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B092ZVLKZP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Same thing here. I easy-buttoned mine with a MS 'Gold Box' and a pre-made harness. Fished it through the existing hole in the firewall and it sits behind the passenger side footwell kick panel, where the stock ECU used to be.

I bought that before Holley announced their Terminator stuff, I'd probably have gone that way it it was around when I was buying parts.

I'm definitely tired of making harnesses, lol. Pre-built is the way this old-timer goes now! :)

Back