• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone run the full Kaplhenke 240 brace with ABS?

The regular reservoir also fits the ABS master cyl. The big question is the level sensor, I looked at potentially fitting the 850 cap to it because it is built in but i think it needs to be modified to work.

I had heard the spacing was different between the two reservoirs, but couldn't find anything definitive.

Bong bong, nice!

I had heard the spacing was different between the two reservoirs, but couldn't find anything definitive.

hmmm, i should remeasure and see. I thought it was the same but its been a while.

I verified the ABS reservoir and the non ABS reservoir have the same bore spacing. So as long as you get the BMW level sensor... you should be good to go to swap in.

I put 20 psi through a pressure bleeder today on the res. no leaks. If it didn't leak with that, it's not going to. Case closed gents

I got the level sensor cap. Haven't tested it in real life but the mockup looks like it should work great.

Went through this over the weekend. It does leak due to the fact that the 240 res. goes too deep into the mustang seals. I spaced the res. up with 2 4x11mm o rings and its perfect! Fits under bens brace, but just barley.
kIer6mxm.png

.....just barley. Did it take 3 or 4 beers to figure out that it "barley" fit?:) I've engineered a bunch of things like that myself...:oops::nod::omg::)

A couple of observations based on running this for a little while:

- the Volvo reservoir seems to be available from Empi for various VW applications, if you want a clean new one
- the seal's OK but not really good enough to use with e.g. a brake pressure bleeder, and it may weep fluid on you at moderate pressure

Oh, and Ben's brace is great. Particularly if you're trying to draw attention away from other things in the engine bay. *cough*

Back