• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2.3turbo 240

Ptf1996

What do you guys think of a 2.3 turbo from a 740 in a 240? My 240 us n/a and want some more power with out spending a lot of $. Is this a good swap? How hard would it be? It will be hooked up to a t-5 if I do it. I was goin to do a 5.0 go but have read its a lott of work . Thanks for the input

I hate to be the one to beat that dead horse, but I gotta say this is one of those things that if you were to actually just search a tiny tiny bit you would find a plethora of information on this very topic.

What do you guys think of a 2.3 turbo from a 740 in a 240? My 240 us n/a and want some more power with out spending a lot of $. Is this a good swap? How hard would it be? It will be hooked up to a t-5 if I do it. I was goin to do a 5.0 go but have read its a lott of work . Thanks for the input

It is as easy as reading your service manual for the 240 and the 740...

ALL of the information is there.

give the man a break, we ask questions about something thats new to us. But I swear to buddah if you make a post about getting 500 horses out of your b230 with a 15g I will cut you

EMS is up to you. All id be worried about is swapping the auxiliary shaft from you're 240 motor to the 740 motor.

240 motors have a block mounted distributor while the 740 motor has a head mounted distributor. I have seen a couple block mounted distributors on 740 motors but that's a little rare. So look into that its real easy.

Best of luck.

Back