• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Took my car to the track....

Boostin740

well i ran at the track today. im pretty disapointed.
first run, no brake torqueing, ****ty start, 17.298 @ 81.04
the ZX2 next to me, 19.13 @71.6
second run, with someone in the car, brake torque kinda spooled the turbo a little.
this was against a 96 sunfire, keep in mind he has 2.4 twin cam 5-speed, against my SOHC automagical turbo.
Sunfire: 16.85 @ 81.37 | Me: 17.09 @ 80.77
we stayed about a car length apart the whole time, i just couldnt close ground on him...

i have alot of work to do.....
this was stock on 12 PSI. factors ****ing me over, Locked up fan clutch, intercooler turned into an oven in the heat, T- Cam maxing out at 5000 RPM and me expecting to do better than 17.1.

so i have on my list,
new intercooler, front mounted
e-fan
turbo cam and Adjustable cam gear
37# hour injectors
maby moar bewst.

to top off the night, on the way home i notice my brake lights acting up, i get out, look at the connector on the printed circuit, it melted the connecting points on the circut and the connector :grrr: so i need a new tail light circut too.

let the ripping begin

you're not running enough ignition timing or your AMM has checked out. trap speed is too low and the ET is absolutely terrible.

you can't blame the cam. I've trapped 100mph on a T cam.

That sucks, you go out to rep Volvo and get beat by a sunfire... Makes us look bad. :rofl:

ya, i almost wanted to drive off the bunker at the end of the 1/2 mile.
would a timing light from any garage tell me what my time is? i really dont get it, youd think 12 PSI would kick some ass. i can REALLY tell the difference in performance at night when its cool outside

ya, i almost wanted to drive off the bunker at the end of the 1/2 mile.
would a timing light from any garage tell me what my time is? i really dont get it, youd think 12 PSI would kick some ass. i can REALLY tell the difference in performance at night when its cool outside

If your fan is locked up and spinning all time, that could be a major part of it. That happened with my zr2 blazer I used to own. You could actually feel the power loss. Get you a efan fool :)

damn, a sunfire. I smoked the **** out of my friends 03 caviler with the car completely stock on completely stock boost. It was like a few days after i bought the car.

Something is sersoually wrong

all about 60ft man

brake +gas

fvck ETs
timeslipzoom.jpg

11psi, 13c the iac hose blew off halfway down the track and would only hold 5 psi

thats on a pro tree for those who are wondering

Last edited:
i did a stage zero, everything seemed good to me. i dont get why it wouldnt be up to what everyone thinks it should be running. the automagical could account for some loss but it seems to shift and engage very well.

we stayed about a car length apart the whole time, i just couldnt close ground on him...
That's a bad sign. You should be running down a 16.8 car easily, even if you're slow off the line.

Replace the clutch fan, either with one that works or with an e-fan. I can't really suggest icing down the intercooler at the strip when you're in the 17's, but it couldn't hurt.

How do the plugs look? Using premium gas? Verify the timing and check for anything out of the ordinary.

i did a stage zero, everything seemed good to me. i dont get why it wouldnt be up to what everyone thinks it should be running. the automagical could account for some loss but it seems to shift and engage very well.

your automagical as you call it is actually helping you. You can spool the turbo when staging. Just to give you an idea,

with nothing more than 16 psi of boost & an exhaust cut-out in my wagon I ran a 15 flat. thats with 100lbs of tools in the back, Full tank of gas. & also a 24 pack of poland spring water. you need to learn how to "power brake" "launch" or what ever you call it in bumble **** ohio. The basic idea is to leave the line with alot of boost but little to no wheel spin. Stock you should be somewhere in the mid 16's you should be about the same as me in the mid 15's

That's a bad sign. You should be running down a 16.8 car easily, even if you're slow off the line.

Replace the clutch fan, either with one that works or with an e-fan. I can't really suggest icing down the intercooler at the strip when you're in the 17's, but it couldn't hurt.

How do the plugs look? Using premium gas? Verify the timing and check for anything out of the ordinary.
yes 93 octane, ill take a look at new plugs, and how would i go about checking the timing? nothing really noticed out of the ordinary other than it used to burn oil but it doesnt now for some reason.

your automagical as you call it is actually helping you. You can spool the turbo when staging. Just to give you an idea,

with nothing more than 16 psi of boost & an exhaust cut-out in my wagon I ran a 15 flat. thats with 100lbs of tools in the back, Full tank of gas. & also a 24 pack of poland spring water. you need to learn how to "power brake" "launch" or what ever you call it in bumble **** ohio. The basic idea is to leave the line with alot of boost but little to no wheel spin. Stock you should be somewhere in the mid 16's you should be about the same as me in the mid 15's
i was already up to 6 pounds of boost when i let off the brake, and usually my tires start to break loose at 8 on a "brake stand" or "power brake" or whatever you would like to call it. what kind of plugs/Gap are you running?

one more question, those of you running autos, what is your shift technique? do you just floor it, let it hit 6000 and shift all by itself? or do you floor, let it climb to about 5200-5500 and back off the throttle just a little bit to get it to shift, then full again. i employed the second method, i heard it was supposed to be better.

Back