• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

95 940 fmic options

1slo9_4_oh

I've searched and have had no luck.

Main question is,
Is there a drop in upgrade intercooler for a 95 940/mid mounted factory intercooler equipped car.

Yes I have a npr in my possession and top mount/older style ic pipes, but the rad on 95 cars are way bigger than the npr so I can't mount amything to it.

If there's an eBay option that some of you guys might have done please chime in. Greatly Appreciate all responses

Found it cheaper at eeuroparts for about 480 shipped.

Eabras would this be better?
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/131910487739

It's the same thing, but with 2,5" in/out. I just linked to the cxracing intercooler because it was one of the first that popped up on ebay when I did my search :)

I made new top and bottom mounts for the ic/radiator, used some 3"-2,5" 90 degree couplers, and some normal 2,5" exhaust pipe to make the piping.
Photo%2008.10.14%2015%2047%2009.jpg
DSC_2943.jpg

I'm digging that AC delete engine bay.... no need for air in Norway I'm sure! How do you like the B21F intake in your application? Looks like you've got a K-jet head with injectors directly mounted. Curious how much power you feel you gained with that B21F intake setup.

I also just fitted the do88.se mid tank FMIC.... pretty much a drop in with just a tiny bit of metal relief and of course drilling the condenser attachment holes (we have actual humidity here).

Found it (Do88 drop-in Intercooler) cheaper at eeuroparts for about 480 ($430) shipped.

I just installed this! One of the single best upgrades I've ever purchased! I urge everyone to go for this! ;) ;-)

Last edited:
Grab one of those do88's and be done with it. I have the older style top in/out, very nice setup. Swapped out the NPR with the do88, didn't notice a huge difference until you start pushing it in the heat, then it didn't fall off like the npr would start to do (stock was horrendous).

Any universal intercooler is going to require some modification and custom piping. When you consider time/expense, the do88 is the best option. If your budget permits the cost of a do88 intercooler, that would be the way to go.

Back