• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mirror Repair

Boxcar Man

Early 80s black plastic paddle mirrors. Are these able to be disassembled to replace mirror?

Have driver's side with bad rattle and bad silvering and have one with good glass but beat up housing.

I had a mirror/glass shop cut a new mirror based on a plexiglass pattern that I cut to match the old mirror and stuck it on with double backed attachment tape. There is not a way to address an internal rattle without removing the old glass and you will probably break it taking it off.

Best solution is finding a decent entire assembly at a JY.

I had a mirror/glass shop cut a new mirror based on a plexiglass pattern that I cut to match the old mirror and stuck it on with double backed attachment tape. There is not a way to address an internal rattle without removing the old glass and you will probably break it taking it off.

Best solution is finding a decent entire assembly at a JY.

Yeah the one I have with the good glass the retaining strip is partially missing indicating that someone already tried to take it apart. (and failed)

There's someone local to me selling a left and right pair and I'm going to see if they're still available.

Back