• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

ordered stuff for the fuel system and replacement line for the oil return. whee. I need to see if my mothball'd 255 still works.

Who ****ing cares if Kenny is the first to go 9's in the states? I don't. His cars have always been a great source of development information for everyone on this forum and in the Volvo community. He doesn't have to be the first to be at the top of the game.

It's looking good from here, I guess I will have to come back to the south someday to see it in person. Nice work as always.

lol, kenny cares that kenny goes 9's but he doesn't care if he's the first or the last. Enough of third person.

The massive 372r is most likely not going to get the nod. Probably going to go with something about 60% lighter and billet... thinking precision 6765 or maayyybe a 6768. depends on some numbers, and a little luck with unloading this 960.

Didn't work on the car aside from ordering fuel system stuff, should get some wrench time friday to start sorting lots of things out.

Kenny will be the first Kenny to go 9s in a b230 powered Volvo. They don't have Kennys in Sweden. Except Kenny Br?ck. hmm

finally got back around to doing more than 10 minutes of work to the car. Friday afternoon I was able to stack on the accessories how I want them... well.. where I want them. will have to space some things out to get the 'how' right, but it's all there.

this evening I got the intake manifold on, throttle body repaired and installed, throttle cable attached, remote oil filters back on. Think I'll be replacing the rubber hoses with something a bit more substantial and steel braided AN fitting'd before long.

need to order some stuff from jegs to round out the fuel system (again. ****ed up a fitting friday... damnit), and the shifter cable for the transmission. might look at their trans cooler options as well, since mine got vaporized.

because it'll be difficult to clean every time the trans roaches itself and pumps a bunch of clutch material all over the place. I'd rather a simple tube and fin cooler than I can get cleaned out easily.. It's not like this thing is getting road raced.

i've seen it. though it was many HPs ago. it was still quite hilarious to watch him on TGP road course. talk about slow in, slow out, fast in between

yeah. the brakes weren't there to push it, in fact they opted to check out around the middle of the first lap.

side tracked and slow-tracked but managed to get a few things done. lower timing cover is on, t-belt is on, correct crank gear is back on.

dug out and tested my ol' walbro-equipped sending unit, need to dig up some 4 inch aluminum to make a surge tank, as well as port the top to run a -6 feed out from the 255. also need to purge the lines from the car, at least the main feed and return since they got 'opened up' in the wreck, will probably fab up something with the old fuel cell and a car battery to just run it like that with some gas.

might try and get it almost running, NA, this weekend. We'll see.

blah.
just ordered:
transmission cooler (hah, same one I had before. WOOHOO)
push-loc hose and fittings for the trans cooler lines
shifter cable
dipstick (not the jegs one this time, flimsy plastic ****. this is probably something else flimsy and plastic)
couple other misc fittings. should definitely allow for startup in the not-too-distant-future. I might slack off, but it should at least allow for it ;)

yay box of goodies waiting for me when I got home. new dipstick for the transmission is much better than the first one. trans cooler looks about the same. probably going to start stuffing **** in there after work, and probably going to purge the fuel system & get ready to put all that back on the car.

cut out the requisite sheet metal for the intercooler, smoothed that stuff out. purged the fuel system, and then installed most of it on the car. no mounts or order in the trunk yet (no surge tank) so it's not sorted out on the back end, but it's slowly starting to get there. tomorrow evening I'll probably make the lines for the trans cooler and get that run, drop the na exhast on the thing, and start clearing up other stuff in the bay.

Back