• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1967 Amazon Coupe

those jorts!!! :lol:

image_zpsycovbsxv.jpg

Those doors look to me like they're rusted from the inside out. If it runs I still wouldn't pay over a grand for it, and I'm not particularly cheap. That said, 122s are awesome and if you get it you'll fall in love with it.

stick with your 245s...leave this heap alone.........unless you have 15 grand laying around

If you plan on doing the work yourself and just like tinkering on stuff(like I do) I'd go for it. I have a '67 also with noticeably more of a patina than that one, but with no major rust. It sat for 22 years before I bought it. Stupid purchase? Maybe, but I've had fun with it. There are none around here rusty or not. It's hard to pass one up that's not just horrible. So yeah, barring major rust that you're not seeing I'd offer about half what he's asking since it's sitting and in unknown condition. Paid $550 for mine.

You old men are so cynical. Funny, everyone on this forum is a cheap, young, broke cretan! Making assumptions that no one has the time, skill, resources or desire to carry out a project! Online bullies, what are you trying to compensate for! Makes me laugh! Funniest part of all your comments is that I didn't suggest anything about my financial standing, I simply asked what would make this a safe purchase. Even the rich if they are smart question certain expenses. Not sure why I am even defending myself against you people.

As for you Roy, don't mistake me not wanting to buy something from you as me being a cheap ass who is not financially capable. You are just plain arrogant, and I'd rather take my business elsewhere. So take your BS thread bashing somewhere else. All you do is bicker!

If you plan on doing the work yourself and just like tinkering on stuff(like I do) I'd go for it. I have a '67 also with noticeably more of a patina than that one, but with no major rust. It sat for 22 years before I bought it. Stupid purchase? Maybe, but I've had fun with it. There are none around here rusty or not. It's hard to pass one up that's not just horrible. So yeah, barring major rust that you're not seeing I'd offer about half what he's asking since it's sitting and in unknown condition. Paid $550 for mine.

This is right on, I have learnt to take my time with cars, especially with cars that need this amount of work. It's one step at a time, thinking that everything is going to get done all at once is stupidity. It would be a nice project to park in the garage, cruise, fix, cruise, fix, enjoy, fix, get vexed with, fix, enjoy and maybe sell or keep! Only time will tell! I can't wait to be an old disgruntled man and see no hope in anything!

I had mine running after a week, but spent the next year cleaning fuel tank,working on brakes etc before it was actually drivable. Still rocking the busted windshield. Hardly a day goes by that someone isn't asking about it or making a comment, even in it's rat rod state. Plenty still to be done, but I drive it about every day just as it is.

I bought my 65' for a little MORE then what your talking about paying for this one. It hadn't moved in over 8 years. Took it home, did some suspension work and a tune up and have driven it back and fourth to work every day for 6 weeks. Rain or shine. It's a blast to drive and it's something unique on the east coast. Sure it needs some things here and there, but it runs and drives fine and I can do those things as I go. If you really like the car make an offer on it. Get it running and enjoy it. If you continue to like it slowly bring it back.

Funny this is that I am calm cool and collected, you people don'y phase me, but damn, how worked up do you get yourselves!

I had mine running after a week, but spent the next year cleaning fuel tank,working on brakes etc before it was actually drivable. Still rocking the busted windshield. Hardly a day goes by that someone isn't asking about it or making a comment, even in it's rat rod state. Plenty still to be done, but I drive it about every day just as it is.

That is awesome, if the owner's description is accurate, and all the work that he claims was done to it within the last couple years then with drainage of fluids and a tune-up in the field, it just start up with minimal effort, if not, then I'll figure it out! I am sure I will get to a point where I don't care enough to fix up basket case Old RWD Volvo's, but that time has not come yet!

You have a project thread!?

You old men are so cynical. Funny, everyone on this forum is a cheap, young, broke cretan! Making assumptions that no one has the time, skill, resources or desire to carry out a project! Online bullies, what are you trying to compensate for! Makes me laugh! Funniest part of all your comments is that I didn't suggest anything about my financial standing, I simply asked what would make this a safe purchase. Even the rich if they are smart question certain expenses. Not sure why I am even defending myself against you people.

As for you Roy, don't mistake me not wanting to buy something from you as me being a cheap ass who is not financially capable. You are just plain arrogant, and I'd rather take my business elsewhere. So take your BS thread bashing somewhere else. All you do is bicker!

This is right on, I have learnt to take my time with cars, especially with cars that need this amount of work. It's one step at a time, thinking that everything is going to get done all at once is stupidity. It would be a nice project to park in the garage, cruise, fix, cruise, fix, enjoy, fix, get vexed with, fix, enjoy and maybe sell or keep! Only time will tell! I can't wait to be an old disgruntled man and see no hope in anything!

LOL wait till you price what the serious ol' guys get for 120 parts in good condition...and NOS is FEW and FAR between too. It sure won't be at broke ass TB prices........

But if you have the time and the big bucks to restore it...have at it.

LOL wait till you price what the serious ol' guys get for 120 parts in good condition...and NOS is FEW and FAR between too. It sure won't be at broke ass TB prices........

But if you have the time and the big bucks to restore it...have at it.

Who the fck said it would be Mike, really, who said that?

They aren't really that expensive to repair and maintain. I bought mine 5 years ago while working in the kitchen of some ****ty restaurant and I've driven that car more than any Volvo I've ever owned. You're not talking some $50k concourse restoration here. I still say try to get it under $1500 and rock out unless the rest of the car is full of rust.

Back