• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Seat swap?

janikphoto

Who has swapped seats into the 240? Anyone have pics? I know a set of brackets or adaptors can make several different seats fit a car, as long as a few different dimensions allow it to physically fit the car. I was just contemplating what I could do creatively... CRV seats? Other Volvo models?? Maybe a similar size coupe or sedan???

The crv came to mind, simply because I saw some tan leather seats from a 2007 on CL. It spurred the thought of new seats and whether others have successfully swapped.

10533404_681490865282_7559754551202588025_n.jpg

WRX seats. A little harder than I would like for long trips, but lumbar and bulstering is way better than the factory seats.

First gen Acura Integra (86-89, 'DA'). They weigh about half of what 240 seats do, have decent (well, better than stock 240) side bolstering, and look like they might have come out of an alternate-universe '80s 240. Dead simple to do, bolt an extra pair of the 90-degree seat rails to the existing 90-degree seat rails. That'll be a trip to a junkyard, you'll need four pairs total, and most 240s only have one pair on the passenger side and a spring-loaded "quick height adjuster" base on the driver's. Two of the four holes line up to existing slots in the 90-degree-rail, and there's a good pad to drill holes to match the other two.
C7USisPl.jpg
RC5kXwdl.jpg

YMMV. About a year down the road, three of the welded nuts ripped out out of the driver's side pan in the middle of an especially good "autocross" run on the road course at Memphis Motorsports Park; a 240 with some Kaplhenke stuff and Rivals makes more g-force than the Integra was supposed to, I guess. More likely, my 20-minute-shadetree-engineered brackets have too much flex :p

If you take the time, you can install pretty much anything... Of course they can't be too wide as you don't have a ton of room. I installed Audi S5 seats in my 142. They are WAY skinnier then the recliner seats it had in it before, and making the bases for them was a little interesting as you couldn.t separate the seat base from the actual seat allowing you to possible use the volvo seat base. If you find some seats that you like, just get them and take some measurements and then do some drawing for the making of a seat base to bolt your seats to.

Here are the seats when I first got them, and the bases that I ended up fabbing up. They look weird in terms of how they are welded to the seat tunnel, but they are actually fairly sturdy and work very well.

Here is how they look after all the interior was installed:

With something like this, you can literally do anything... :)

Late 80's- early 90's prelude seats are awesome. Adjustable kidney bolsters, fairly comfortable and excellent for drifting in.

^^^ I want those. :omg:

Anyone know if p2 v70r seats, both front and rear fit in a 240?

I remember seeing some S60R seats that I almost bought.. They looked like they would've fit fine, but the back seats would probably need a little more coercing to get them to fit. Back seats are something you would have to commit to, as if they didn't fit or there was a good way to get them to fit, you have a nice back seat that you can't use.

Those seats look so clean and superb in that car!

Thank you! I appreciate that... You probably would hate me if I told you what I paid for them. :-P

If you go to your local wrecking yard (one that mainly has newer cars), they will sometimes have a big shelf of pulled front seats from various different cars that they think are worth selling. If you are lucky they might even have the car still on the lot available to look at; if so, you could maybe see if the back seat would work, etc.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I got my seats from LKQ Auto Parts in Portland, Oregon (where I live). And they always have an abundance of nice seats. But any, more upscale wrecking yard that specializes in parting wrecked cars would probably have something for you. Just take a tape measure with you, and don't be afraid to give them a different offer versus what they are asking. I got mine for less then what they were asking just by throwing out an offer, as most places don't like hanging on to big items like that.

Good luck in your hunt. :)

Thank you! I appreciate that... You probably would hate me if I told you what I paid for them. :-P

If you go to your local wrecking yard (one that mainly has newer cars), they will sometimes have a big shelf of pulled front seats from various different cars that they think are worth selling. If you are lucky they might even have the car still on the lot available to look at; if so, you could maybe see if the back seat would work, etc.

I'm not sure where you are located, but I got my seats from LKQ Auto Parts in Portland, Oregon (where I live). And they always have an abundance of nice seats. But any, more upscale wrecking yard that specializes in parting wrecked cars would probably have something for you. Just take a tape measure with you, and don't be afraid to give them a different offer versus what they are asking. I got mine for less then what they were asking just by throwing out an offer, as most places don't like hanging on to big items like that.

Good luck in your hunt. :)

That interior does looks really good. I see you did the back seat to match as well.

I bet you got them for 24.99 Each plus 15.99 Core.

I saw some nice Mercedes seats that could've worked in the car, but the brackets and power wiring made me shy away. I eventually found some 240 seats from a 1991 donor in very good condition, so I upgraded to them. No more rips, tears, and sagging bottoms... and, they were direct bolt in!

Back