• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Torque Specifications?

CaliMeatWagon

Cause of Head Scratching
I have a 91 B230F 8v block. I'm replacing the front seals and I can find the torque specs for the cam and crank gear bolts but I can't find the specs for the inter/six shaft gear bolt. Anybody know what the torque specs are?

I have. Chilton and the damper is 44 ft.lbs. +60 degrees. I'm looking for the torque specs for the bolt that holds the intermediate shaft timing gear in place

Cool thank you.

I wish there was something on here that had torque specs and voltage and resistance values. The Chilton and the Haynes kinda suck. I'm used to alldata but I don't have access and can't afford the subscription.

Con Rod Torque Specs?

I don't mean to revive a thread such as this, but it's labelled nicely and relates to my question regarding some torque specs for a B20 motor. I have scoured through my manual looking for connecting rod torque specs but can't seem to find it. Even on the page that shows multiple torque specs, it doesn't show the torque for the con rods. I even looked through google and read some pdf files that showed something, but I want to have other additional input on this.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

-Cody

The reason you can't find the rod torque spec is because Volvo calls them "big end bearings" in the greenbook.

B20 engines with 6 bolt cranks (-'73) use 3/8" rod bolts that are torqued to 35-42 lb ft.

B20 engines with 8 bolt cranks ('74-) use 10mm rod bolts that are torqued to 51-57 lb ft.

The reason you can't find the rod torque spec is because Volvo calls them "big end bearings" in the greenbook.

B20 engines with 6 bolt cranks (-'73) use 3/8" rod bolts that are torqued to 35-42 lb ft.

B20 engines with 8 bolt cranks ('74-) use 10mm rod bolts that are torqued to 51-57 lb ft.

:rofl:

It's funny that you mention that, because as I was looking at the table for torque specs I had read something called 'big end bearings'; and when I had mentioned that to my dad, we we're both puzzled and wondered what that was exactly. I appreciate the clarification.

:)

Back