• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

T. On this subject, I have an A cam in the trunk. Is it worth the extra work in swapping? If it is, what makes it so?

get either a ipd turbo cam or a rsi stage 3. i vote the stage 3 since you have a five speed car. that t cam is choking the crap out of that holset. my car did 315whp at 20psi through a clapped out aw71 and a ipd turbo cam on a ebay 57 trim. i bet you can hit 350ish whp with a good tune and cam. also upgrade the fuel pump and do the wiring :)

I'm not that new... just wanted to make someone laugh.

Found out this morning that there's an Open circuit from the harness on the fuel sending unit into the fuel pump in tank. I get voltage all the way up to the harness all the way to the fuel tank level sensor but there is no voltage at the actual pump Looks like I need a new fuel sending unit this one is pretty crusty. This should solve some of my fuel pressure dropping off at high psi since only the main pump is doing work. I would not mind getting an RSI stage III cam other than the fact it will make my engine and interference engine and it scares me a little.

from my experience i had a dead intank and still did 260whp. and dont be scared of making the engine interference. as long ast the timing components are in good shape you have nothing to worry about.

I crated a wanted thread for a sending unit. There are no 240s here at they yards and I sold my last spare to someone. Hopefully someone out there has one since I need it badly.

I moved onto another project :oogle:

I completed my GhettoFab coilovers and they are nice and shiny and look pretty decent. I started on modifying my trailing arms to move the axle forward a tad. This will prevent my tire from rubbing in that upper rear corner. I will post photos soon.

Stay tuned.

Got any pix? I measured wrong and ended up drilling 1" which was too much. Welded some plate on and redrilled at 3/8". Hope it works.

Actually I do not want to lose bottom end since I have NO bottom end now. What else is there?

Back