• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

relocate rear seat belt

90volvo

Finally getting around to spiffing up my rear seat ect. The seatbelt latch seams to located for a small person. Every body that gets in the back gripes about the latch being under your bottom. I was thinking about moving the latch to the center and just allow 2 people to ride instead of 3. Any thoughts and has anybody done this to offer advice?

I don't think you can technically do this. But the rear seatbelts are just bolted in under the car kind of in the transmission tunnel. If you were gonna do it, obviously be sure you consider the structural safety of the belts.

I thought about just sourcing two other middle latch (the one with the short seatbelt on it) in place of the cable type latch which is hard to sit on. This way you dont need to modify the chassis.

I thought about just sourcing two other middle latch (the one with the short seatbelt on it) in place of the cable type latch which is hard to sit on. This way you dont need to modify the chassis.

yes, that would be best. after i thought about it for a while didnt think it would be a good idea to move it. I did loosen and swivel it over and then tightened it. Probably be plenty of room if it wasnt for the wheel wells. Thanks

yes, that would be best. after i thought about it for a while didnt think it would be a good idea to move it. I did loosen and swivel it over and then tightened it. Probably be plenty of room if it wasnt for the wheel wells. Thanks

What kind of fatasses are you hauling around? Maybe find some skinnier friends

Back