• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wheel fitment/lug nuts- Ferrari Gotti / Etoli Wheels

GSWAGON

my other ride is a exmark
300+ Club
Test fit and want to use these on my 1990 780 Bertone Turbo. Lowered in front on IPD springs, rear is stock currently, plan to switch to coilovers in the near future.

Purchased 16" Etoli 55b wheels from ebay a little while ago. Pretty certain they are Ferrari 328, but seller was unsure. No real markings.

They are 5x108 and measure-

16x7.5" front, 5.5" backspace so ET 31.75, have 25mm H&R adapters, so will be ET 6.75

16x8" rear, 4.5" backspace so ET0

Plan to run 205/50/16 all around.

I know 780 have a wider track than regular 7/9 with solid axle. Body is mint, don't really want to roll the lips and chance cracking the paint, maybe trim them if needed. Test fit rear and the poke slightly, but suspension is full droop as car is on jackstands.

Has anyone on here run 8" wide, low offset wheel on back of a 780? Tire size, mods needed so it wouldn't rub on fender?

Also, these wheels require a mag style lug nut with washer, see many for sale online, but the inner diameter of the lug holes on these wheels according to my cheap digital caliper is .60"

All of the mag style shank lug nuts I can find for sale online are .68" diameter shank.

I know I have seen a couple of people on here run Gotti / Etoli wheels, where did you source your lug nuts?

Thanks!!

I've got a set of similar sized wheels off of a Ferrari on my car here's is some insight on how they fit

Fronts are 16x7 205/55/16 Offset 20mm 122mm backspace
Rears are 16x8.5 245/45/16 Offset 0 Backspace 122

The fronts required a 25mm spacer but the rears fit perfectly as is. I did need to roll my fenders a bit because my car is lowered

oAFzDw7l.jpg

I'd recommend going with rider tires on the rear so they dont look more stretched than the front

I've got a set of similar sized wheels off of a Ferrari on my car here's is some insight on how they fit

Fronts are 16x7 205/55/16 Offset 20mm 122mm backspace
Rears are 16x8.5 245/45/16 Offset 0 Backspace 122

The fronts required a 25mm spacer but the rears fit perfectly as is. I did need to roll my fenders a bit because my car is lowered

oAFzDw7l.jpg

I'd recommend going with rider tires on the rear so they dont look more stretched than the front

Your wagon look awesome, are those Epsilon wheels? I have also run 16x8 ET0 on my solid axle 760 wagon, with a 225/50/16 fit just fine. The rear track of the bertone is about 1" wider on each side than the solid axle though, so no way I can fit that big of a tire with 0 offset wheel. Was hoping to fit a 225/45 but looking at how the wheel sits thinking I may have to go 205/50

Being that my fronts are 7.5" and rear are 8" I dont think it will look noticeably different. Would like to run wider rear tire, but don't want to hack up the car if I can avoid it.

What type of lugs do your wheels use, typical conical seat lug nut? Really striking out trying to find the right lug nuts to even mount them. and still need to machine a couple mm from the hub on the wheel so they sit completely flush.

Pics or Indian burn

haha, will get some shortly

Also, these wheels require a mag style lug nut with washer, see many for sale online, but the inner diameter of the lug holes on these wheels according to my cheap digital caliper is .60"

All of the mag style shank lug nuts I can find for sale online are .68" diameter shank.

I know I have seen a couple of people on here run Gotti / Etoli wheels, where did you source your lug nuts?
0.60" is barely larger than the 1/2" or 12mm stud. Do the lug holes have tapered seats? My guess is lug bolts were used, not studs + nuts (search ebay for "ferrari 328 lug nuts", item # 332998669394 is probably what was used on the original wheels w/tapered seats)

I used one of the commonly available shank lugs w/washer from Summit Racing on my BBS E501 and E50. The lug holes were much bigger than the stud. I don't know the shank diameter on mine but probably 11/16" and they have a little breathing room inside the wheel lug hole, so the holes are likely close to 3/4".

Here's the only pic I have, shows the back of the E501 with the lugnut in place (1/2"x20 lugnut):
122407786.jpg

Measure the lug hole of a standard Volvo wheel and see if it's close to 0.60". If the wheels you're using are thick around the lug holes, maybe you could have a taper machined so you use a standard 45 degree seat lugnut?

Holes look like this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-51...-2-X-16-J55B-Pair-512-BB-512-BBi/153095689793

Your wagon look awesome, are those Epsilon wheels? I have also run 16x8 ET0 on my solid axle 760 wagon, with a 225/50/16 fit just fine. The rear track of the bertone is about 1" wider on each side than the solid axle though, so no way I can fit that big of a tire with 0 offset wheel. Was hoping to fit a 225/45 but looking at how the wheel sits thinking I may have to go 205/50

Being that my fronts are 7.5" and rear are 8" I dont think it will look noticeably different. Would like to run wider rear tire, but don't want to hack up the car if I can avoid it.

What type of lugs do your wheels use, typical conical seat lug nut? Really striking out trying to find the right lug nuts to even mount them. and still need to machine a couple mm from the hub on the wheel so they sit completely flush.

Thanks! Yes they are Epsilon wheels.
Very good point using similar wheels front to back wont be all that noticable with wheels that only differ by 1/2"

Yeah they're a conical lug. The lug nuts I use are a similar style to these. I basically just got them because they were the first ones I found that were the right thread size.

0.60" is barely larger than the 1/2" or 12mm stud. Do the lug holes have tapered seats? My guess is lug bolts were used, not studs + nuts (search ebay for "ferrari 328 lug nuts", item # 332998669394 is probably what was used on the original wheels w/tapered seats)

I used one of the commonly available shank lugs w/washer from Summit Racing on my BBS E501 and E50. The lug holes were much bigger than the stud. I don't know the shank diameter on mine but probably 11/16" and they have a little breathing room inside the wheel lug hole, so the holes are likely close to 3/4".

Here's the only pic I have, shows the back of the E501 with the lugnut in place (1/2"x20 lugnut):
122407786.jpg

Measure the lug hole of a standard Volvo wheel and see if it's close to 0.60". If the wheels you're using are thick around the lug holes, maybe you could have a taper machined so you use a standard 45 degree seat lugnut?

Holes look like this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-51...-2-X-16-J55B-Pair-512-BB-512-BBi/153095689793

Thanks for the response. Lug seats are not tapered. Looks like a flat circle with a detent portion, like would fit a mag style with washer, will take some pics tomorrow. As you mentioned probably were originally run on a ferrari with lug bolts. Was hoping I could find an off the shelf lug nut, but may not be possible since it is so thin diameter shank wont fit. Machining them for a conical set lugnut may be my only option, but not much exposed thread either, so would need longer studs also, but not too long if I want to still run the caps.

Thanks! Yes they are Epsilon wheels.
Very good point using similar wheels front to back wont be all that noticable with wheels that only differ by 1/2"

Yeah they're a conical lug. The lug nuts I use are a similar style to these. I basically just got them because they were the first ones I found that were the right thread size.

thanks! Love the look of epsilon, but haven't ever had a set. I ran ferrari BBS RS for a bit, and have another set now actually...and was able to run a standard open end conical lug nut on those and they worked fine. Didn't even think about the lug seat when I purchased these Etoli wheels, but have seen other run them on rwd volvos so maybe there is a solution

I had some ferrari bbs wheels and same problem they need longer bigger studs and nuts so I sold em. Too much trouble. I could bolt them on my 240 but the nut only went on half way and was barely wide enough. Didn't seem safe. Just because they are 5x108 didn't mean they fit right. They might work fit better on a 740.

I had some ferrari bbs wheels and same problem they need longer bigger studs and nuts so I sold em. Too much trouble. I could bolt them on my 240 but the nut only went on half way and was barely wide enough. Didn't seem safe. Just because they are 5x108 didn't mean they fit right. They might work fit better on a 740.

yeah lug bolt isnt long enough to get enough threads for a standard lug nut safely. Thinking I could get the lug holes enlarged about .10" and then run a mag seat deep shank lug nut. rear offset would work better on a 740.

Back