• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 tranny convertion?

CcL

I have a 240gl 85'. Its a carby model. Whats the engine model?? I'm still unsure about that! Also, what kinda tranny would suit this engine? It is currently on a auto /w overdrive. The current one is broken. Are there any better upgrades? Any particular model or even from other cars? I've seen a thread where someone used a Supra tranny. I'm looking more towards a automatic one but hopefully a lil more performance than the old stocked!

thanks!

hmmm i realised there might be a patern with my gears... It only doesn't want to change gears oni during mornings or if i leave the car untouched for long hours... after running for about 5 minutes it would slowly be back to normal. any idea whats going on? any solutions? thanks!

Check your fluid fist off.
If it has been a while you may want to get the tranny serviced, fluid change and filter.

yeah the tranny oil is kinda new, probably will need to do some mechanical flushing... btw i'm in Asia. Malaysia to be exact. so any idea what engine it is?

Back