• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Got some stuff accomplished - helrazor's '90 700

Great job on that sweet ti, just curious, what size and type of clamping did you use on the coil srings to drop it, are the clamps just around 2 coils?

Attachments

• 100_0924.jpg
    100_0924.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 443
So anyway the 15G swap went very well but,

I noticed when I got it all on I could spin the cold side a little with a bit of force, I was OK with that but it seems to be getting more loose. I know I got the ring clip seated nicely. Any one have this same problem. The housing doesn't really move by itself and it could only move an inch or two in either direction anyway but it's making vibrating sound and it's bugging me.

The fan blade on the cold side isn't moving freely? It's bound to happen when you reclock the housings, because the coldside housing can easily be put on at a bit of an angle and won't sit completely flat, even with the ring clip. What I did was put the coldside on, tried to spin, felt which side of the housing it was hitting, and tapped that side with a rubber mallet. You'll just have to keep tapping it until it spins freely. Should only take a couple of minutes.

The fan blade on the cold side isn't moving freely? It's bound to happen when you reclock the housings, because the coldside housing can easily be put on at a bit of an angle and won't sit completely flat, even with the ring clip. What I did was put the coldside on, tried to spin, felt which side of the housing it was hitting, and tapped that side with a rubber mallet. You'll just have to keep tapping it until it spins freely. Should only take a couple of minutes.
Actually now that I read it again I see you're talking about the cold side housing not the cold side fan.

:lol: Made me laugh when you said fan. I guess you could call it a fan. BTW I like the new wheels.

#9 PROJECT - NEW SPRINGS AND STRUTS/SHOCKS:
*Out with the old
IMG_5942.jpg

*In with the new
IMG_5933.jpg

BEFORE -
IMG_5174.jpg

AFTER -
IMG_5938.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

The front is now down where it should be, the rear came up a bit but it looks right to me. Went with IPD lowering springs and Sachs Turbo Gas shocks/struts to keep the daily ride not too stiff. I can't even make a decent comparison because the original shocks were so toasted. All I can say is it feels like a new car. I have a few bushings under there that need replacing so add those to the list.

Another shot messin' around...
IMG_5935.jpg

Looks great, and I'm sure you feel much more confident bombing around in it now!

By the way, if you wanted, you could probably get away with chopping off the bottommost dead coil of those there progressive rear springs... It'll drop the car less than the height of the coil diameter... :) But, then again, it really is a perfect daily driver setup, because you have the height in the back to get a full load without issues.

Nice!

"Re"spraying would require them to have been painted in the first place, lol.

I tried the heatgun trick on my car for a couple of seconds, worked a little bit but the gun shut down before I got very far.

I'm thinking about using the dye that IPD sells. I think it's called 'Showroom New' in grey. Anyone have any input on that stuff?

I tend to agree...but then the bumpers would be black and the grill would still be grey. That stuff probably wouldn't work on a hard plastic grill, I'd hate to mickey mouse the grill with a coat of black paint.

Back