• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Compound Turbocharging A Volvo B230FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
good golly miss molly look at the size of that wastegate the valve in that must be damn near 100mm or 3"

It looks big, but that's just an actuator can. It opens & closes the turbine bypass valve which is just a large butterfly plate, like a throttle plate. But rated for slightly higher temps :zeeall:

i loveeeee the new turbo that they use on the 6.7l ford, dual compressor wheels, single turbine vgt

that would be sweet on this type of build

We're building the same thing only with different turbo's.
We're using a .60/.63 T3 and an Ebay GT35R on a B21ET.

Intercooling will only happen after the HP turbo. But we're also thinking about adding an A2W intercooler in between stages. But that will happen at a later stage. First to get this thing running with the compounds.

Intercooling will only happen after the HP turbo. But we're also thinking about adding an A2W intercooler in between stages. But that will happen at a later stage. First to get this thing running with the compounds.

pics or FAKE ! :)

So, you're planning to run (2) T3 hot sided turbos? What will you be running for fuel?

So, you're planning to run (2) T3 hot sided turbos? What will you be running for fuel?

1000cc RC Injectors controlled by Ectune.

I calculated that the Gt35 would surge on this engine and would run an insane pressure ratio to get the power we are searching for.
I then further calculated/guestimated that the 60 trim would solve our problems.
The engine would start to behave as a 250 ci engine right after spool-up from the 60. This would make life much easier for the GT35. Both will be running @ or close to 2 PR (maybe even a little bit lower).
The 60 is getting a 60mm WG and the 35 is getting a 50mm.

Sorry for no recent updates, just haven't had the time to put into the project lately. I will update with more pics of the build after this weekend. (I promise). I got one of my tax returns and am thinking of doing something like this. Let me know what you guys think.

coldsideplumbing.jpg

On a side note, I will be putting a Walbro 255 intank pump in and was wondering if I have to delete the inline pump to do this. I will be re-doing the entire fuel system in the future so I'd prefer to leave it the way it is (with the stock inline pump in place), unless for whatever reason it might burn up the Walbro running it this way. Any thoughts? I'll pick up some aluminum and order some weld-on AN bungs this week so the surge tank and "044" will go in soon after I fabricate an intake and fuel rail.

looks good to me, but I dunno shiznit about compound setups.

:lol: Yeah, after Duder gave me crap about not running an "intercooler" I figured I'd look into a way to make it work with the space at hand. That's what I came up with, The only thing I'm unsure of is the extra 3ft+ of IC plumbing making the setup "laggy". Basically, I will just stack (2) smaller IC's in front of the radiator.

Correct. "If" is a funny word, though.

Maybe I'd be better off sticking with my original setup. I looked at my engine bay the other night and thought maybe it would be better to fabricate the charge pipes to run an intercooler in between the compressors. (Based on Duder's explanation) But, now that I'm looking at it again adding an IC between turbos would realistically add 7FT of plumbing. It would be longer than all the tubes that I was planning to fabricate initially combined. I just threw that idea out there to get some feedback.

You still aren't getting it.

Perhaps speak to the fellow with the hydrogen injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back