• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeJr's 242 Project

BNE yes indeed
150205825.jpg

damn those are some old school goodies.

car looks awesome in paint!!!

What did you use to roll the fenders?

damn those are some old school goodies.

car looks awesome in paint!!!

What did you use to roll the fenders?

We used this door skinning tool on the fenders.
150215392.jpg

150215512.jpg

It worked great. It really flattened out the edges without warping the panel on the outside. It did crack the original paint but if you're repainting it, it's not a big deal. On the rear quarters we drilled out the spot welds, cut about half the lip off, panel bonded behind it, and then hammered and dollied it flat. The only draw back was that we had to do a little body work after on the quarters, but they turned out pretty good.

I got my hands on some of the poor man's BBS/GTA until I can afford to get real ones. The guy I had got them from plasti dipped the centers which looked like sh*t, so I'm having to strip them. They were cheap so what the hell.
150211581.jpg

I can't decide between a 225/45R16 or a 225/50R16. I don't really want low pro or stretch on the tires. I really want a kind of hammier tire like the original Group-A had,so I'm leaning towards the 50 series.

I got the doors, hood, and the core support on, now its time for buff. We sanded the car with 1500, then 3000, then 5000 grit sand paper. It's turning out pretty slick.

150243071.jpg

150243087.jpg

150243162.jpg

Back