• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cam replacement stuff

Machupo

Just getting ready to install the new enem cam, and i was wondering what else i would need...

i'll have the cam, the adjustable timing wheel, and shims...

a buddy of mine suggested that i should replace the valve springs while i'm in there, wondering if i should replace with those double valve springs? do i need to retainers, clips, etc?

i think i'm going to toss on the blue injectors while i've got the head apart ;)

thanks in advance!

You definitely won't be needing to change out the springs unless you plan on running EMS later. Your car's 6,000rpm redline is all the safety net you need to prevent valve float, so don't worry about it. As far as injectors, are you planning on tweaking things in the fuel system to accommodate?

You will need feeler gauges to measure clearance, and I hear the shim release tool like the one IPD sells/rents will make things easier.

When I install cam I was assuming that I will need to turn the boost down untill more fuel can be delivered. Can I just put some 35 lbs. injectors in and tweak the fuel pressure for a while? I have LH 2.2 and I want to convert to mega-squirt. :badboy: But seriously what should I do to deal with fuel untill I run something that is programmable?

Back