• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kevin's 1990 745ti DD

Awww yes. My brother daily drove a C5 for a couple years - can't beat that handling and performance for the price. And his got excellent highway MPGs too.

You will suffer a complete loss of luggage space, sir! Loving the vette, though not as much as the 745. ;-)

This thing is sitting in Connecticut. My friend from Florida brought it up here and blew the engine and then traded it to a guy up here. And it’s been sitting since

paint is awesome, how much sanding was involved and how long did it take you?

Thanks - I did absolutely zero sanding, just pressure washed it and rolled the paint on with a foam roller. From start to finish it only took a few hours each time. I just taped everything off and then did two coats. By the time I made it all the way around the car once, where I had started was dry enough so I just kept right on going with the second coat.

Honestly I'm glad this got bumped as well, because it made me realize just how much I miss this car, and having a Volvo in general. The vette has been a great DD and I have it basically modded just how I want it for DD status (longtubes, catless x-pipe, axle back, intake, tune, wheels and lowered), but lately I've seriously been having the itch to pick up another Volvo.

The GF and I will be moving from our current apartment into a house by the end of September, which should hopefully have some extra space for a project car. Once everything settles, I will absolutely be picking up another Volvo to have as a dedicated project car, one that I don't need to rely on to get me to work and I can just have fun with. I've had a 960 and a 740, perhaps it's time for me to join the 2 series club..

Current pic of the vette for anyone curious:

30601607_606875832993171_7332582864556392448_n.jpg

Back