• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

They are. Just like everything else I own.

hit craigslist hard for the seats. It took me a while being really persistent to sift through the garbage VW seats (half of which were posted on my CL by volvonyc, not even kidding). I ended up getting the SRD's for $450.

hit craigslist hard for the seats. It took me a while being really persistent to sift through the garbage VW seats (half of which were posted on my CL by volvonyc, not even kidding). I ended up getting the SRD's for $450.

I've been casually trolling KSL (Utah's craigslist), but I need to get serious. The main problem is that I'm picky. I really want LSCs because I they're period correct. I'm seriously considering fixing up Harald's.

Resto gets expensive quick, I'm buying a couple pieces foam and Recaro fabric for mine and it'll double my investment I'm sure, and that's with an upholstery guy who works cheap. Definitely be open to shipping. There's a guy in Japan on instagram @used.racingparts he moves a ton of Recaros. Charges $100 shipping on the slow boat.

Just checked out @used.racingparts. He's got some good stuff, and that $100 shipping is very reasonable. Thanks Mike.

kalcU4Ml.jpg

You haters will have to find something else to complain about.

u9eZtBOl.jpg

I'm thinking about swapping the headlights to quad squares to try a new look. I think it may look better with the black hood.

I put my studded tires on to try to maintain some semblance of traction in the winter. It's not really working and we haven't even had much snow yet. Only one good storm so far, but all that snow has since melted.

I've also done a few other things. I installed this new wideband with an ethanol content output, so I can know how much boost to expect once I tune for e85.

b0f4F00l.jpg

To adjust gauge parameters I installed the all in one tuning station *patent pending*

PcmP2TAl.jpg

Top jack is for microsquirt. Upper USB is for the gauge, lower USB will be for MS3 pro when I install it.

I also revisited the launch control switch circuit. I was having trouble getting the switch to light up with the clutch switch and still output a low signal to the microsquirt. But I added a relay and now it works great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m0YIuqzVtAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I personally prefer quad squares over single rounds. That front end with the flathood looks great, just as Odin intended.

Back