• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Hackster's LSA / T56 2 door

Killer build so far, excited to see the rest of it come together. :)

Thanks man, me too =)

Ben, totally appreciate the offer, its a bolt in item so if I want to redo with some cool CNC stuff later I can. I am pretty impatient =)

So, one thing I am working on is my TIG welding. I have had no official classes on it, no lessons at all, just been tinkering with it off and on for a few month. I think I suck but wanted to try it out on this piece. I should have just migged it together hind sight but it will work and not fall apart.

This will get powder coated and I am thinking of doing it with the tightest wrinkle black finish I can, my other idea is a satin metallic brown, interior will be brown, centers of the wheels is likely going to be the same flat metallic brown.

What say you Turbobrickers??

Sean

Brown sounds good. Sure nice seeing something different now and then.
Just curious is there a matching brace like the one on the brake master?
And overkill is always good but is that brace needed with that stout strut brace?

Love the build so far, thanks for taking us with you!

Brown sounds good. Sure nice seeing something different now and then.
Just curious is there a matching brace like the one on the brake master?
And overkill is always good but is that brace needed with that stout strut brace?

Love the build so far, thanks for taking us with you!

What do you mean a matching brace on the brake master? Do you mean on the other side of the car? If so then no.

The brace is there to support the booster and master cylinder from movement. It was amazing how much that booster and master could move before the brace was installed. I have heard increased pedal feel is the best byproduct of the master cylinder brace.

Thanks for the props!!!

I am thinking more and more about the brown color for the upper strut tower and a bunch of little odds and ends.

Sean

We offer these braces in a coffee brown, They look awesome in a beige engine bay :)

fullcolorlayout_1024x1024.jpg

You can always smooth out those TIG welds before you powder coat it and it will look ok.

Brown would be cool, and a nice consistent theme with interior, wheels, etc. I'm working on a 93 240 in pale green, dark brown interior and wheels. No plans for brown in the engine compartment, though. Loving the build this far, man!

Brown would be cool, and a nice consistent theme with interior, wheels, etc. I'm working on a 93 240 in pale green, dark brown interior and wheels. No plans for brown in the engine compartment, though. Loving the build this far, man!

Thanks man. I am still toying with it right now. I told the wife about it and she said ehhhh.......why do you have an infatuation with Brown? Your car sounds like a great color combination.

Made a little progress on the car this weekend but not nearly what I wanted to get done.

Started going through the wire harness and splitting things out of it, getting things labeled and ready to do some tucking. I took all the tape off of the harness and cleaned each wire to remove the goo that was on it. Everything that is going to get cut or needs to be hooked up has been labeled.

This is a little in progress fun on the existing wiring harness, who said that this was a good idea.......

I tried out a new harness supplier on the recommendation of a friend of mine. We had a couple of stumbling blocks on him finishing up the harness and getting it out to me but it finally showed up saturday so I got it out of the box to find this at the bulkhead connections......I called him and he appologized and said that he was not happy with that either. If I wanted to send it back he would redo that connection and send it back out. I told him to send me a few things and Ill take care of it.

Its not horrible and the rest of the harness looks pretty good.

Things are pretty close here, you can see the dual bulkhead connectors in place. ( I have 4 wires to add to the bulkhead so the heat shrink needs to come off)

The new wiper motor in place and the wire tuck done on that harness to make it as clean as possible.

So I had a little time left after this, I messed around a little bit in the interior. These gen IV ECU is a great little piece and much much smaller to fit in places.

ECU on the right, Bussman fuses and relays on the firewall panel. This has damn near everything built into the harness and firewall connector, AEM Wideband, intercooler pump and modified to with with the LSA setup and T56.

Starting to look like something in the engine bay. I can keep on with the wiring but I need some parts. Fuel system parts, radiator and fans, rest of front suspension needs to get here or its just going to be lawn art.

Sean.

Last edited:
This thing is (as usual in a hackster thread) getting rediculously rowdy rediculously quickly.

Keep it up, I come here for my fix daily

Mad props on this and great attention to detail...how do you think a Coyote motor would fit in there?? - doing some long range planning for my 240 wagon :oogle:

This thing is (as usual in a hackster thread) getting rediculously rowdy rediculously quickly.

Keep it up, I come here for my fix daily

This helps keep me motivated to work on it so Thanks man!!

Continued awesome work. You don't disappoint.

Thank you

Mad props on this and great attention to detail...how do you think a Coyote motor would fit in there?? - doing some long range planning for my 240 wagon :oogle:

I think you would either have to get super creative with the exhaust manifolds, other than that I dont think you would have any issues with it, Brake booster would probably be close to it.

Thanks for the props.

Are you using the Bosch 2 wire or 4 wire pump?

I am ditching the factory pump setup all together. Supply and return will be capped off and the pump removed. I will retain it for the factory fuel level sender.

I am going to convert it over to a Holley 450 in tank setup with the big hydramat in the tank. I went back and forth on the fuel setup and in the end I wanted something clean and simple. By the time I added in a bigger pump, external regulator, hydramat, and all the fittings to make it work it was more expensive and way more complicated than the Holley setup. The setup I am using is rated for 875 hp and has an internal regulator set for 60 PSI all in the tank.

I will only have 4 fittings in the fuel system total from Tank to Rails, including the 10 micron fuel filter.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...mps/in-tank_retrofit_fuel_module/parts/12-133

Had just a few minutes to work on this last night. Finally decided on and picked up a radiator for the car. I knew it was not going in the stock location with the forward facing water pump outlet so I got to work. I had to move it forward for clearance and hope that it will fit with the hood latch, its at the plating place still so wont know till later this week.

I stole the idea from another bricker for the rad location.

This is temporary as I have a fair bit more work to do around the cap opening and the top of that upper radiator panel.

Probably done for work on this thing for the week though, be on the road most of the week now.

Sean

What radiator is that if you don't mind me asking? Have any specs?

Northern 209620. It will have their dual fans and shrouds on it as well. Z40081.

I have had great luck with them for not a ton of money, have them in both Coyote swapped trucks. Mine has been on track in high humidity days at 106 degrees for 3 20 minute sessions and been just fine. Has idled down Las Vegas Boulevard in 100 degree weather for several hours and has never even gotten hot. Their matching shroud is killer too.

Sean

Pretty sure the Coyote is not even close to clearing the brake booster.....but hydraboost solves that.

Like the radiator position. Although, I had a condenser to squeeze in there too - so opted for stock radiator location and Corvette pulley spacing the get the extra couple of inches that way.

Pretty sure the Coyote is not even close to clearing the brake booster.....but hydraboost solves that.

Like the radiator position. Although, I had a condenser to squeeze in there too - so opted for stock radiator location and Corvette pulley spacing the get the extra couple of inches that way.

I have a giant front mount water cooler for the intercooler setup that needs to fit in front of that, and potentially the AC Condenser also down the road. I am thinking hood pins =)

Sean

I have a giant front mount water cooler for the intercooler setup that needs to fit in front of that, and potentially the AC Condenser also down the road. I am thinking hood pins =)

Sean

....or perhaps a redesigned hood latch support - I think that could be redesigned so the vertical support is both further forward and a smaller cross section. But, pins work too. BTW, Alan Groves makes a low mount A/C set up that will put a Sanden low on the passenger side opposite the alternator. Works great on mine.

Back