• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 +t/LH2.4 Question

TeamTFR

My recently acquired +t 240 is running rich and won't idle on it's own until it's warmed up. According to the previous owner this started after installing a chipped ecu.
The car has a 3 inch amm, 440cc (greentop) injectors, and a 340 lph fuel pump. It was at 18 psi but an issue with the mbc now has it on just wastegate pressure (8 ish psi), which is where it will stay for right now.
Would it be possible to swap in the standard turbo ecu and ezk until I get the chipped ones figured out? It'd be great if it would run correctly while I fix the other issues with it.

What turbo do you have? Unless you have a bigger turbo, you don't need a 3 inch amm or the larger injectors either.

You should be able to swap in the lh2.4 turbo ecu/ezk atleast to troubleshoot the idle problem. AFAIK the greentops don't need a chip if theyre installed correctly with the resistor packs... 3" AMM and bigger injectors shouldnt hurt anything if they are in good shape.

Have you covered all your bases - checking for air leaks, faulty wiring, corroded fuses (namely O2 heater circuit fuse), checking codes, faulty sensors etc?

I've checked the wiring and for air leaks, everything is good aside from the electric fan not work right now. The catch can setup is a bit sketchy and is made from a metal water bottle so I picked up an actual catch can and new hose for it. Removed the external bov and switched back to the cbv, which solved some issues. I will have to check to be sure the injectors have the resistors installed.
The previous owner said that the idle issue started after installing the chipped ecu and ezk and included standard turbo computers with the car, so I was hoping I could swap them in without having to buy new ones for now.

I've checked the wiring and for air leaks, everything is good aside from the electric fan not work right now. The catch can setup is a bit sketchy and is made from a metal water bottle so I picked up an actual catch can and new hose for it. Removed the external bov and switched back to the cbv, which solved some issues. I will have to check to be sure the injectors have the resistors installed.
The previous owner said that the idle issue started after installing the chipped ecu and ezk and included standard turbo computers with the car, so I was hoping I could swap them in without having to buy new ones for now.

okay I am not totally sure on this but I don't think the chips work with any set of injectors. do you happen to have a wideband so you can monitor that from cold > warm and see what changes?

The chips, injectors, and AMM go together as a package. If you have the original AMM, Injectors, and ECU/EZK, it should work (it might take a little while to learn due to different turbo, and maybe exhaust?). Make sure the resistor pack is installed, or bypassed, based on the injectors (it's needed with low-Z greentops).

Well, I realized that I only got the original ezk and no ecu so I can't just switch back. The chipped ecu has 3 inch amm and 465cc injectors written on it, so that may be part of my problem. I think it's time to just find a proper ecu and ezk for it. Thanks for your help guys

What is the ECU part number? I can make you a stock chip for it or my base set of chips for the stock sized AMM.....PM me we can talk details.

Otherwise have you checked the ECT and pressurized the system to check for vac leaks.

Back