• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

new XC60 and T6 engine close-ups

Do not want. All new cars look the same, Volvo's styling is now this new age rounded space garbage that everyone seems to be doing. No thanks, new S60 is equally unsatisfying.

Edit: And if anybody wonders whether Volvo is Ford now, look up the new Ford Mondeo and 2009 Volvo S40/S60 (images turn up the same/VERY similar car, since there's question whether the S60 will continue). Looks like the same car to me.

Am i the only one that noticed the ford flex kinda looks like a 245

I've said it before, I like it.
I may trade the R for one next year after the dust settles and I can get a CPO.
I don't care about maintaining it. It's a wifemobile and that's it. I've never ever put a wrench to my R, not even to change the oil.
Oh, I do switch the wheels myself between seasons.

I prefer the conceptual model than the final product, it's much more elegant and "Volvo"

S6302386.jpg

S6302421.jpg

Notice the much cleaner front end, smoother hoodline compared to the production car. The headlights is smaller and wider too, which is my favourite, less extravagant than the final product that looks like a merc (CLS). Bumper vents and foglights placement also isn't as smooth as the model although there weren't any fogs on it.

S6302385.jpg

S6302422.jpg

Shaved door handles FTW.

Last edited:
Will be fun to replace the timing chain on that engine... Will need to hoist the engine out and take off the trans... But then again, it's probably a good idea so you can get the thing really clean before accessing the timing chain. Looks like this thing will never be mounted in a RWD car judging by the lack of side enigne block mounting bosses:grrr:

Will be fun to replace the timing chain on that engine... Will need to hoist the engine out and take off the trans... But then again, it's probably a good idea so you can get the thing really clean before accessing the timing chain. Looks like this thing will never be mounted in a RWD car judging by the lack of side enigne block mounting bosses:grrr:

Actually I think it is placed in some Land Rover or other "Ford" brand in a north-south position as it is called sometimes.

So is this newest generation of Volvo engines really Ford engines, or are they an evolution of the old whiteblock?

S6302416.jpg

Is this a Volvo snowboard, or is it some random board placed there for a reason I can not make up right now?

I would rock it all day long if it is.:cool:

Last edited:
Back