• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My beater is getting old, still exercised daily!

ryan242v

Winding up from second through fourth gear ( probably around 25mph to a little over 100mph). 1979 242 with an all stock '87 B230FT ( LH2.2) with about 450,000 miles. Original M45 trans and a not so original 3.31 rearend. Not super fast but fun for a dirt cheap beater. Knocks, ticks, leaks and probably smokes a little but just won't die. My everyday routine. Beaters.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I7huUPmivCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I welcome any criticisms, as I am sure they will appear regardless.

Cheers!

Speedos are overrated! Well, until one gets busted for speeding.

Figured the oil light coming on would get more attention.

Was in process of converting to newer dash with elec. speedo. That was six years ago. Actually havnt had a speedo in nine years when the cable went bad. Then went through two M47s with no speedo drive. Now back to the M45 with speedo drive but don't have guage installed. Only time it was an issue was when getting busted for going 89 in a 55. Told the cop I knew I wasn't going that fast as I pointed to my tach. Then the guy wanted to see what I was pointing to, which wasn't a speedo. Beaters.

Figured the oil light coming on would get more attention.

Your temp and fuel gauges didn't seem to work (or your engine was cold and you were out of gas), and your brake failure light was also on. Given the general ghetto nature of your dash I assumed it was broken, as did everyone else :rofl:

Your temp and fuel gauges didn't seem to work (or your engine was cold and you were out of gas), and your brake failure light was also on. Given the general ghetto nature of your dash I assumed it was broken, as did everyone else :rofl:

No no...all gauges work correctly. No dash lights though. Low on fuel. Temp was low, wrong thermostat. Didn't get brakes bled correctly so brake light is on. Might not have oil pressure as there certainly isn't any oil in it. I learned how to stop the oil leak by not adding any oil. Go figure! No more leaks.

My dash is of the minimalist nature. It's just how I roll.

C'mon! This thing has only left me stranded twice in the last nine years. Both times were due to a broken clutch cable.

I need to host a little meet at my shop sometime since there is enough Hamton Roads folks.

Back