• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Craiglist car for sale

3E13K43Hd5F55H35J6d3b7b7923b080ac1876_zps7ad3b565.jpg

Awesome! I visited the guy on Saturday. Quite a lot of stuff there, but couldn't really use any of it except a map pocket for the 240. Those poor Bertones need good homes too.

Found a rust-free, mint '84 245 at Ralph's A-Scott. It was so clean, both inside and out. I wonder what happened to it?

Then I found this. Isn't this amargill19?'s old car? :-(

Someone should snag that S90 front. Sideskirts are still good too. Moonroof also!

Hey Sim, I found your twin in North Van...

Hmm I kinda miss having those sideskirts on my car, I wonder how much Ralphs would charge for those S90 ones... $100? $200? $3,689 and my first born child?

Man those guys overcharge- I wanted door handles, they wanted $40 each, and that was ME pulling them! For used door handles, that probably have more miles than mine (ie. probably won't last 6 months before breaking).
I sure miss Calgary pick n pull prices.

Hmm I kinda miss having those sideskirts on my car, I wonder how much Ralphs would charge for those S90 ones... $100? $200? $3,689 and my first born child?
They charged me $60 for the pair of S90 skirts that I eventually traded for the Aero ones that I sold you then bought back LOL
Man those guys overcharge- I wanted door handles, they wanted $40 each, and that was ME pulling them! For used door handles, that probably have more miles than mine (ie. probably won't last 6 months before breaking).
I sure miss Calgary pick n pull prices.
What! What car? I got two mint door handles from that 245, an S70's leather shift boot and sidemarkers for $40. Depends on who's there to charge you, I guess.

hey, my old car is still there! I need to snag the bit of bracketry I left on the power steering pump that was hanging in the engine bay still

Wow, that wagon does look just like mine! I haven't seen that one around.

Love the dramatic picture of the "adventure wagon" in the CL ad.

I need to get off the couch and list the 242. I'll post a link.

Hey guys,

Anybody want to have a meetup in the next couple weeks?

I'd love to introduce myself to the new incarnation of TBVancouver.

The 245 is driving just splendidly so far.
Grabbed the Regulus rims from my old 242 and threw them on, put a tach in, and just put some corbeau seats I bought off craigslist in the ol' gal. It feels oh so nice to be tinkering with a 240 again.

oh, and another thing...
I've got a trans am spoiler (gloss black, no brake light) that has been sitting in my closet for years. I don't want any money for it and have no use for it now that i've got a wagon, but i do want it to go to good use. Can you guys think of a local car that would put it to good use? Whomever is deserving... a vancityTB vote for who gets it maybe?.. pics tomorrow.

Leivon

I'd be down for a meet, not this weekend though.

Also - anyone have a driver's side door handle for an old 240? I put in an IPD replacement but it's going out again. Likely opened the door less than 100 times.

Bruce

Hey guys,

Anybody want to have a meetup in the next couple weeks?

I'd love to introduce myself to the new incarnation of TBVancouver.

The 245 is driving just splendidly so far.
Grabbed the Regulus rims from my old 242 and threw them on, put a tach in, and just put some corbeau seats I bought off craigslist in the ol' gal. It feels oh so nice to be tinkering with a 240 again.

oh, and another thing...
I've got a trans am spoiler (gloss black, no brake light) that has been sitting in my closet for years. I don't want any money for it and have no use for it now that i've got a wagon, but i do want it to go to good use. Can you guys think of a local car that would put it to good use? Whomever is deserving... a vancityTB vote for who gets it maybe?.. pics tomorrow.

Leivon
GAH. I just bought a Saab 9000 spoiler. :/
I'd be down for a meet, not this weekend though.

Also - anyone have a driver's side door handle for an old 240? I put in an IPD replacement but it's going out again. Likely opened the door less than 100 times.

Bruce

Wow, really? I have a spare passenger-side one...I suppose you can't make that work, eh? :-P

I'm always down for a meet, but I'll be away for the weekend.

Back