• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alex's 88 760GLE

dsc00066ydf.jpg

25042009.jpg

17042009005.jpg

13042009008.jpg

dsc01525.jpg

Not much in the way of anything going onto the car, the headlining still isn't finished. I'll be painting my other sunroof panel this week so i can finally get that back in.

Also have an original grey dash and panels to go into the car. Also have extractors from a b28 to go into it, will need to mod it to fit the b280 and the 2.5" from the turbo will go onto it with the magnaflow.

dsc06322.jpg

dsc06321l.jpg

It was tricky, but it's done now, gotta finish the sunroof panel section, get my sunroof outside section painted, work out a parcel shelf to replace the current one to match the 940 seats being taller, then fit the 4 new pairs of speakers in stock locations, 4 channel amp, fix my mono so I can put the sub in, fit the pillar trims, probably sound deaden a bit while trims are off, new wiring for the amp, fit factory grey dashboard and fit the front carpets! Not too much to do!

That's true, it seems I'll be getting a tremec 5 speed instead of using a R154, if it will fit in the engine bay/trans tunnel. Then autronic and the 24V goes in one day....

Well, after much delaying and hassles yesterday with the sunroof, the interior trim is in! Thanks to Mak-elblotto for his help in doing this. from the middle to the end :p

img1220i.jpg

img1219n.jpg

img1214iy.jpg

img1213j.jpg

img1199n.jpg

img1208u.jpg

img1206n.jpg

img1204o.jpg

img1200.jpg

img1198b.jpg

img1196g.jpg

img1194sj.jpg

img1193u.jpg

It's in reverse order, basically, it has gone from having tan front carpets and no interior trim being installed and grey front carpets.

looking great dude. nice work with the trimming.
that suede like material u used looks really nice. i wonder if it can be shrinked with steam??

yeah it did shrink with the iron, but we thought of it after we made a cut into the headlining and then didn't want to go too mad with the steam, so the flaws are there to remind me about me and mak doing it.

And thanks, this thing is such a headache, but so worth it, the car is so quiet to drive now!

I've got a new front end on it now due to hitting a wallaby at speed on night driving, dented bonnet, pushed back support slightly, and broke the n/s headlight. And the drivers headlight's crack grew, so i swapped in the 89> headlamps, but didn't put the headlight wipers in like I wanted to...

Pics just after I polished and waxed it on the 25th of dec.
dsc06698.jpg

dsc06699.jpg

dsc06707c.jpg

Yea I want to know that too. Mine cracked when it came out, was cracked by the place that had done it before too. I had all of the seats out of the car

So did mine, but I reinforced it with a spare parcel shelf. well I didn't manage to damage the outisdes, just the bit where the motor goes.

Back