• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

T3 compressor on the TD04 mitsu exhaust side

ZVOLV

<Master Tech>
First of all, will it be an improvement to put the T3 compressor turbine on the mitsu exhaust? Will it even work? Or am I better off putting the whole stinking T3 in? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the mitsu versus garret. Besides spool up time. I want to do this project because my mitsu blows oil and I want to upgrade and rebuild on a tight budget. A local turbo shop said that they could rebuild my turbo and upgrade the compressor for around 500 bucks. However I am limited to a small compressor b/c of the small mitsu. I like the spool up of the mitsu, but I love to rev the shi... out of my engine and it sucks that the torque goes away at 4500.

Sorry man, not going to happen. The shaft sizes are different, and the compressor housings attach to the center secition via a completely different method.

Sounds like upgrading to a T3 (which, in your case sounds like it would def. be an upgrade) is your best bet. You'll need tomodify your manifold some but form what I understand it's not a serious issue.

Why don't you consider swapping the TD05H-15G-7 turbo (Found on 850T5s) onto your car? A few of us have accomplished it with little difficulty. Check out this thread: http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1560

Originally I was going to swap just the turbine housing onto the car (which can be done with relative ease) since it is ~15% larger on the turbine inlet neckdown. This would also aid in your top end efficiency.

the poi said:
how does the td05 compare to the t03?

T3 on a Mitsu is not gonna happen...besides, that wouldn't be an upgrade either. Those turbos have apx the same flowcapacity (so you won't get more hp with a T3).

You could use a 19t Mitsu agg...or a 16t...the 16t agg is a very much used upgrade turbo in Norway where I live.
It behaves just like a little bit bigger agg would behave. Gives you pressure a tad later than a 13c/t. It's still a very comfortable turbo though...no ketchup effect there.

Personally I would throw the Mitsu away, and use Garrett T3/4 hybrid turbo. But it all depends on how much hp you plan to squize your engine for. A bit overkill to purchase a T3/4 and boost your engine 10psi for example.

Back