• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Exh leak after turbo and loud engine noise.

cmanns

Huge exhaust leal after turbo.

I have my exhaust cut after the cat, it wiggled but now there's a huge leak so big the car will nearly stall when it's below 40F, MPG went nearly in half I get maybe 12 if that. How do you fix? You can feel the ssh pulses near the AC thing next to downpipe. The turbo is getting the white coating from gas towards the turbo.

Also one day I drove her super hard many 100MPH+ runs, after freeway I hit a stop light and hear a metal on metal sound- stop engine to see if was other car (mines loud) comes back on restart. I turn into nearest parking lot, inspect engine bay. Restart engine no noise, I leave parking lot take uturn half way thru I gave half throttle and metal on metal comes back different, louder I thought had hole in block.

Ever since the sound has only happened on a freeway on tamp that had a curve to it. Any internal engine problems that would happen while turning? My trans mounts are bad and rear end is a tad messed up maybe is torque converter? Volvo FB group folk said sounds like starter or torque converter bolts are lose. The 2nd time it happened when I cranked it over it "missed" and clanked so bad I thought my engine was toast, took 10-12sec to turn over. Engine sounds fine otherwise, I'll prob do a separate thread someday.

Replace what's bad and report back. Tough to say when you have Bad parts. Can you point down where the sound is coming from? Replace parts. Then listen

Back