• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 K-Jet Fuel pump and filter

TempleUWS6

Hey, K-Jet heads,

I'd like to replace the main pump and filter for my '79 242 for piece of mind, I've read issues with the filter and the thread sizes of some not matching the lines on the one available from FCP. What brand have you guys had success with for filter and in-line pump? While I'm at it do you think I should replace the injector seals? It runs pretty good now.

I'm going to do the IPD upgrade in-tank pump which I know is just a 7/940 pump, but seems like the best deal including the strainer, hose, clamps and lock ring seal.

Bosch is the original suipplier and their filters are reasonable. The intank pump upgrade is good to do.

If you don't know when the injector seals were last replaced? Then they need to be done. Make sure you are careful with the lines. Clean the holes in the cylinder head really well and use vaseline to lubricate the o rings for installation.

Upgrading the intank to the 740 unit / ipd kit is a good call.

Injector seals are standard maintenance on kjet cars.

Back